Service Outage

MCV,

Can you respond to or answer to the more than 24 hour outage on your mios.com service?

Thanks,

Your users

I’m curious as well. We have not been able to load findvera.com since Saturday night. I’m extremely surprised this is the only thread existing and even more-so that there is no reply.

Ivera not working as well ???

I have not had any issues with remote access via cp.mios.com or via my app. I am using fwd2 servers.

• Garrett

It seems that it’s a data center issue, because we can’t connect to our remote access servers. We contacted them and are waiting for a response.

Looks like the locator servers (sta1/sta2) are up again, so iVera and automator.app are working.

Server maybe OK, but iVera doesn’t work showing “The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to the server that is pretending to be “ra2.findvera.com” which could put your confidential information at risk”.

There is no way to skip/ignore this message. Please fix it ASAP.

Findvera ra1 went down right before the weekend started and has not been restored yet. Nowadays i wait a day or two before even saying anything, but remote access has been down for three days now.

The ra servers will be fixed, but this has low priority because the FindVera service is old. We recommend upgrading your firmware to a newer version which uses cp.mios.com.

That is an answer that I plain old don’t like… Mios is riddled with problems, not least of all is a security model I don’t like (having to leave my security in Micasaverde’s hand by registering on the website first for setup)… I have a Vera1 running UI2, all my devices set up & no desire to change it…

With this “our way or the highway” attitude, I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys were on the Gnome 3 development team,…

I don’t believe that this changed between UI2 and UI4. It’s still possible to run a UI4 Vera with no users, no remote access and no need to log in to an MCV server. This is how it was in UI2, I’m pretty sure.

Your other reasons for not upgrading are valid, but I don’t think this one is.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. UI4’s security model is not acceptable which is why i still run UI2. I have been dissapointed by the direction MCV has taken with the architecture moving control/access of the device which resides on a personal network from local to relay.

My security concerns were not helped by the recent revelation that part of a previous Vera’s gui was coded by a programmer residing in a former soviet republic who left code in your code base that is still on our veras that reached out to sites that MCV wasnt aware of…

[quote=“futzle, post:11, topic:169466”]I don’t believe that this changed between UI2 and UI4. It’s still possible to run a UI4 Vera with no users, no remote access and no need to log in to an MCV server. This is how it was in UI2, I’m pretty sure.

Your other reasons for not upgrading are valid, but I don’t think this one is.[/quote]

Sorry, but you are wrong. UI2 did not require user activation through the MCV server. Only remote access required it. I have users on my Vera that the MCV servers know nothing about… It doesn’t make the Vera more secure, as the “security” it provides is only effective against people who don’t understand anything other than how to use a web browser. But at least it adds a marginal layer against local WiFi access. You get only one remote access user account under the old UI2 model though.

Oh, … why would I want to run with no users, anyway???

Fair enough. If you call that “security”…

You can achieve almost the same in UI4, by the way, but it requires editing files directly on the Vera, which I appreciate isn’t for everyone.

(I’m just a user, by the way. I don’t speak for MCV and I’ve been excoriating of MCV for some of its security decisions in the Vera. But it’s simply delusional to believe that UI2 is any more secure than UI4. They’re both wide open.)

Both wide open, yes,…

But, it’s better to have the door “unlocked” locally, rather than have it be unlocked, and give the keys to someone you don’t know personally …