Sensors Showing Up as Active Devices

Hey Everyone -

Since the last update, I have a few sensors (motions and doors) showing up as active devices. Interestingly, not all of my sensor devices are acting like this. I’m sure I could hide them but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks.

All my sensors showed up as they had previously since I updated. I use different icon for each type of sensor (outlets, door/window, motion…etc) and these all remained the same after I updated both in tripped and un-tripped status.

Thanks for the feedback. Just seems weird that the device shows “active” though it’s a sensor. I don’t recall this behavior previously.

I’m having the same issue as @tbully since the latest update. Some of my motion and window sensors are showing up as active devices. Normally it’s just my lighting that shows up as active when they are turned on.

Glad I’m not crazy. Let’s see if there’s a bug/fix in the works I guess…

[quote=“tbully, post:1, topic:196113”]Hey Everyone -

Since the last update, I have a few sensors (motions and doors) showing up as active devices. Interestingly, not all of my sensor devices are acting like this. I’m sure I could hide them but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks.[/quote]

I have recently updated my Vera Edge firmware to the latest version. I had to reset my Zwave network for that and re include all my devices.
I have many Aeon-Tech door and windows sensors that on UI7 (Pc & Vera app) appears normal (as magnet sign) and change their appearance when triggered and safe again as expected.
For some reason they now (after upgrade and re inclusion) appear on VeraMate as a weather temperature sign. When I replace icon to a window / door icon for both triggered (open window icon) or safe (closed window icon) it will not change status and replace icon as expected. This is obviously a problem.
Just to clarify this has been working flawlessly before on VeraMate- why is it not working well now on VeraMate and works well on Vera app?

Unfortunately no answer/comments to this issue by Vera Mate Support although a ticket was duly opened (#61321302 on 4/28).
This is not the first time I get no response from Vera Mate Support (I also see other remarks on this issue here) -
Maybe its better if they just cancel online support on their App and only refer customers to the forum here to try their luck…

A solution is required since I can not see the windows / doors open/close status as can be seen on Vera App. But I use Vera Mate…
Thanks

My experience with VeraMate support over the last 3 years or so has been spotty. The author has a busy day job and about once a month appears to offer support and then disappears for another month. If you are patient, he will appear, and is very responsive once you have his attention. I find it the best mobile solution to Vera control which is why my wife and I use it. It works pretty well most of the time.

Agreed, Don. Ironically, while support is light from time to time, it’s still the best application out there for controlling Vera. (IMO - and open to discussion!)

It looks like the latest update fixed this issue!

Last update did not fix my problems - Doors & Windows sensors still appears as default Weather/ Temperature icon with no indication for triggered / safe in both the Arm and regular modes. This is a problem!