Security panels in the UK - integration with VeraLite

Hi guys,

just wondering, are there any security panels that can be integrated in an existing Z-Wave system? Basically, looking for a panel, where you have to press a button to tell it what mode to enter, then enter a code to arm the system, and as a result of that, it would then set the mode to the required away/vacation/night mode.

I’ve not found anything so far, in my searching that allows for this, so may consider something along the lines of using a sensor in the kitchen, to track movement, then using PLEG to determine the time of day. If no movement (and not at night) within 2 hours, set to away, if no movement in 4 hours, set to vacation… etc The wife can’t last more than an hour without tea, so these timelimits should be ok!

Thanks
Tony

Tony

I’ve written a plug-in for the Texecom Premier range of panels, and now have about 50 users. I think it might suit your requirements.

I’ll PM you my e-mail address in case you’d like to chat offline.

Alan

Hi Alan

This system sounds interesting. Are there any details to show the setup required for implementing z-wave functionality in the premier range of alarms?

I’ll be be in touch if we do go down this route, regarding your plugin.

Thanks
Tony

Setup instructions are included with the plug-in files.

I’ve got the DSC PC1832 alarm control panel along with and Envisalink 3 which allows vera to communicate with the panel. There is a pretty good DSC Alarm Control Plugin that creates devices for all the alarm control panel zones (PIR’s, Door/window switches et.al.). I have several triggers in PLEG that I use to change the mode.

t_alarm_Armed is set when you arm the system and it’s action turns all the lights off and puts vera into Away Mode
t_alarm_Armed > 24hrs puts vera into vacation mode
t_alarm_entry_delay puts vera back into Home Mode

I wish I’d realised how good the integration of DSC/Envisalink3/Vera was going to be and I could have saved a lot of money on z-wave PIR’s that are now gathering dust in the basement. For some reason stand alone Alarm System PIR’s are less prone to false triggers than the z-wave ones I’ve tested. I know you can get over that with a bit of logic (# of triggers over time) but why bother when you’ve got it all with the DSC alarm.
just my two penneth