Securing and stabilizing the Vera by taking it off the grid

Already tried on my Edge, with success. Small thing for the docs: remember to chmod 777 for the sh scripts.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I say run it via sh decouple.sh and not ./decouple.sh.

1 Like

Many thanks! I have a Plus and as I have said before on different topics here, a Home Automation controller MUST have a lifetime measured in decades not months. Vera Control Ltd. has sent mixed messages out in the past - their new controllers (Atom & PlugHub) carry the Ezlo name while their older more powerful controllers carry the Vera name and they are in beta with an EzloPlus right now which presumably will replace the Vera-branded controllers. It is clear that once the EzloPlus has supplanted the VeraPlus, that controller will go by the wayside. However a home system canā€™t be just yanked out and replaced every 4 years because the manufacturer wants to put more money into their coffers! My VeraPlus and network of Zwave thermostats and switches in the house are all working with it - I MIGHT look at replacing it with an EzloPlus - in another decade, possibly. If it ainā€™t broke DONā€™T FIX IT!!!

3 Likes