Schlage Lock - Activate Scene when locking door externally?

I think MCV would have to add something like “Schlage Button is pressed” Then have it default to “and deadbolt is locked”

So is this something MCV can fix?

I did some testing with my Schlage deadbolt.

“when a good pin is entered” – works
“when a bad pin is entered” – does not work
“when lock button is pressed” – does not work
“when door is opened” – works (lock disengaged)
“when door is closed” – works (lock engaged)

firmware 1.1.1234

Does “bad pin entered” work for anyone?

[quote=“Intrepid, post:23, topic:167453”]I did some testing with my Schlage deadbolt.

firmware 1.1.1234

Does “bad pin entered” work for anyone?[/quote]

Switched to a Kwikset contemporary motorized deadbolt and like it much better than the Schlage due to the issues that you have also encountered.

[ul][li]When lock button is pressed, run the leave scene[/li]
[li]Bad pin entered works[/li]
[li]And I can lock the door when I run the sleep scene from the controller on my bedside table.[/li][/ul]

But the Kwikset is 2 or 3 times the cost, right?

Also, I’ve never been good enough to get my doors aligned just right to get ANY deadbolt to operate without some minor brute force. I’m not sure how well a motorized mechanism would work for me.

[quote=“Intrepid, post:23, topic:167453”][…]
I can’t try this out right now, but I thought “bad pin entered” means a bad PIN multiple times in a row; 3 or 4 maybe. Is that what you tried?

No, I simply tried some bad codes at random, simulating what an unauthorized person might do. I’ll try that. Is it documented somewhere that that’s how it works?

[quote=“Intrepid, post:23, topic:167453”]I did some testing with my Schlage deadbolt.

firmware 1.1.1234

My Schlage has “A pin code is entered” not “when a good pin is entered”- I know it works with a good PIN, I’ll try it with a bad pin and see what happens.
It does offer “a bad pin is entered”, never tried it though.

Yes, sorry, it is “A pin code is entered”. But you have to give it the pin# (3 in my case for my first user-assigned pin). Since it’s specified, it’s always a good pin, I guess. :slight_smile:

What I’d like is to be notified/act if someone is TRYING bad pins, attempting to get in.

OK. Just to be clear: I meant entering multiple bad codes in a row; doesn’t have to be the same bad code. Looks like it’s 4 bad codes in a row. The lock goes into a 30-second lockdown (red light and beeps I believe; can’t enter any new codes). Possibly only when it enters that state does it transmit the “bad PIN” event.

^ confirmed, bad pin does work after 4 or 5 failed attempts. Notification fired off fine.

It disables the keypad, too. I had to use my iphone to let myself back in.

Does anyone know what variable would be associated with the “Schlage” lock button being pressed?

Or is there some code that I could add to interrogate this button?

Thank you

firmware 1.1.1234

I’m also looking for any Luup code for this.

ok, so its been 3 yrs… anyone know the luup code for the ‘schlage’ outside button to trigger an event?

cant believe this still isnt working.

I hope it’s ok to dig up this old thread, as I am always one to search before starting a new thread and Google brought me right to this one. I have the newer BE469 deadbolt and UI7 firmware and the “lock button pressed” does not work for me. Here is all that seems to be available in the variable list:

Device: 4 Garage Entry Door "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","PinCodes" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","KeepPinCodes" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","sl_CodeChanged" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","sl_PinProgramSuccess" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","sl_PinRemoveSuccess" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","Status" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","Target" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","sl_UserCode" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","MinPinSize" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","MaxPinSize" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","LockArgs" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","Configured" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","ModeSetting" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","LastUpdate" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","FirstConfigured" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","BatteryDate" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","BatteryLevel" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","AutoConfigure" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","CommFailure" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","CommFailureTime" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","Capabilities" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","NodeInfo" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","PollSettings" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","Neighbors" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","LastReset" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","AssociationNum" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","SecurityFailed" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","ManufacturerInfo" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","VersionInfo" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","AlarmType" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","ConfiguredAssoc" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","LastRouteUpdate" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","PollOk" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","PollNoReply" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","NeighborsInverse" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","Health" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","AutoRoute" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","AllRoutesFailed" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","PollTxFail" "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1","HealthDate" "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","Status"

I added “When the lock button is pressed” to a PLEG trigger and it’s always false and has never changed.

I do not believe that the Schlage lock is programmed to send anything should only the lock button be pressed. So there is nothing for Vera to receive. Obviously if pressing the lock button causes the door to lock, that lock message is sent. But otherwise, Schlage only turns on the keypad lighting, and waits for the expected PIN entry.