Schlage LiNK™ FE599 Keypad Lever Lock (Satin Nickel) - $79.00

I think the $49 pricw was for the deadbolt (though I havn’t researched it) if you got a lever for 79 you did great

Its for part # 61-222, 61-223 and 61-253 from what I know. I have gotten one of each for the $50.

Both Levers and Dead bolt starter kits were $49.99. Just the locks alone were $79. I cleaned out 6 of 8 local Radio Shacks. They all only had one of each lever and dead bolt.

I cleared out my local stores yesterday… :slight_smile:

I bought both the deadbolt “starter kit” and the handle lock “starter kit” today at my RS for $50 each. Woohoo!!!

The kid at the register told me about how great these were and how he bought one and installed it in his dad’s house; when he rung the two items up, he about crapped himself when he saw the price. Priceless!

He wanted to know if I wanted him to have more brought into the store. Told him yes, and that I would be back tomorrow to buy more.

For those that missed out on this, here’s what you can do to get some.
Go to your local Shack and if they are sold out, ask the guy/gal at the register to order form their warehouse (apparently the warehouse still has quite a few left). You will be charged at the register $99 and they will even ship to your home for free. Once you receive the locks, you can take the receipt back to the store and price adjust for the $50 price. The clerk at my Shack said that this would work. Worst case scenario you could return to the store and buy back at the $50 price. 8)

The procedure for resetting the Schlage locks can be found at:

http://part2.schlage.com/docs/System_Reset_B.pdf

I have installed two Schlage locks. Needed to reset one lock. The lock worked flawlessly after the reset.

Got the Deabolt starter kit, then went back and got the lever kit. All I am seeing is the Satin Nickel in my stores, but that works out for me. I have maxed out what the wife will allow for locks in the house, I may try to get one more lever for the garage mandoor.

I’ve already thought about giving everyone starter kits for Christmas. I guess you’ll get 3 free months of service if they want to use the Schlage gateway. It would be great if there was something we can do with these gateways, some kind of hack to reflash them into mini webservers or somehow use their Z-Wave for something?

I am a bit confused about the deadbolt usage. The lever lock I understand…you lock/unlock remotely, turn the lever and you are in. How about the deadbolt? Looks like someone has to be home in order to turn the deadbolt? That defeats the purpose. Does a lever need to be installed as well in order to operate the door. Maybe I am missing something?

You are correct about the deadbolt you have to have someone infront of it to manually lock/unlock it if you tell it to do so over the internet. The lever lock is a seprate deal and works on it’s own. The nice part about the lever lock is you can lock it remotely and well as have it automaticly lock every time it closes if you want.

I walked in to a store but they didn’t have any…They had the dummy starter box with a price of 149.99-25 bucks. It had a date of 12/19-12/24. Is the price still available?

I am not sure if it is still available because today at a new store the shelf tag was different, but they had a new sign stating 50% off all Z-Wave. So I picked up two Schlage wired IP Cameras for $25 each. The switches and plugs were $25ish and the remotes were $35ish. The starter kit that they did have was $149.99 with $50 instant off, which took you to $99 (but I didn’t ask about the 50% off from there…it could it it down to $50.

Things seem to be changing day to day as far as pricing goes. I would jump on the 50% off of Z-Wave today if you have stores that still have that stuff.

Just finding out that the Schlage camera require a Schlage account to work. Great job Schlage for limiting the people that will buy your product ?!?!?

Who makes an IP camera proprietary and locked??? Any chance MCV could make these WCE100 cameras work with Vera??? it has got to be easier than reverse engineering the Schlage locks…

Btw, the Trane thermostat also dropped 50% to $75 online today with free shipping! Wow! Now I’m definitely getting this and getting rid of my 2GIG CT-30.

[quote=“veezer, post:34, topic:167079”]Btw, the Trane thermostat also dropped 50% to $75 online today with free shipping! Wow! Now I’m definitely getting this and getting rid of my 2GIG CT-30.[/quote]Same price in store also!

Price just bumped to $99 for the lock, but the Trane thermostat dropped to $74. I had both of these items in my cart yesterday, but pulled the trigger only today and notice the price different. I could not decide last night to get the Schlage or the Kwikset deadbolt. I decided that I could live without the motorized lock and purchased the Schlage.

Can anyone send me a copy of their receipt? I found the deadbolt and handle set for $99 at two stores here and was hoping to get them to price match it to $50.

They rang up as $150 with a $50 instant rebate. How does the receipt look for the people that got it for $50?

Thanks.

Is it that you have to have someone manually lock/unlock it or just have someone spin the knob to move the deadbolt into the lock/unlock position? As I understand it (just from reading websites), you can remotely unlock it, which will them allow someone to turn the bolt into the unlock position.

Can someone who has the deadbolt confirm how the remote access works? I’m trying to decide between the lever or deadbolt and this could be a decision point.

Thanks.

You might try to see if they’ll take it to $50 from $99 by way of the 50% off sale (the sign had a picture of locks on it, it was also in their sale newpaper flyer).

The deadbolt can be remotely unlocked, but with someone there to manually turn it. I could buzz in a friend, they would have to run the lock themselves. I wasn’t sure and bought the Schlage because it was the only thing out at the time and I have been very happy. Batteries have lasted close to 1 1/2 years. The motorized throw is a neat feature, but just doesn’t apply to me in daily life. How often would I leave the house without locking it…close to never. The real use is monitoring and keyless entry with the Schlage and it works great.

Thanks for the reply. That was the answer I was looking for. I want to be able to remotely let others in when I’m traveling but wanted to use deadbolt version. Sounds like that is doable.

How well do the GE switches and Trane thermostat work with a Vera? I’m ordering mine shortly and want to make sure everything is going to play nice.

Thanks.