Schlage LiNK DeadBolts

Radio Shack has the Schlage LiNK LiNK™ BE369 Deadbolt (Satin Nickel) for $69.97. Also has some starter kits, although I don’t know what you would do with the bridges.

[url=http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=schlage&origkw=schlage&sr=1]RadioShack.com Official Site - America's Technology Store

I sold my 4 Schlage bridges for $15 - $20 each on ebay

Looks like Radio Shack is back to the regular prices, and is sold out on the Schlage locks!!!

Yeah, I saw that as well.

Checked online and it said a few things
#1 available in store only
#2 not available in stores
#3 All stores listed as having it in stock.

So I made the trip to a radio shack and they said they didnt have any, looked it up in the computer and only 1 store had the deadbolt + bridge and it was 15 miles away. I had them hold it and made the drive over. They ended up only having the deadbolt by itself, and I ended up just getting that. Then on the way home i just stopped at the radioshack near my home just to see if they had any or not and they didnt but they said the one 5 miles away had the deadbolt + bridge kit. I drove to that one and they did have it and exchanged my deadbolt only for the deadbolt + bridge + light moduel kit. It was only like $30 more for the Light module and schlage bridge. I figure I can sell the schlage bridge online.

I’m wondering if radioshack made this whole we have it, no we dont have it lying issue on purpose just to get people out to their stores.

These deals have been going on for the last month. It is hit or miss on who has what. Your best bet is either to call or go to the store. This whole month I’ve been going store to store to see what they have and buying what I may need.

Good luck.

• Garrett

I cleaned out 2 Radio Shacks near me, one had a deadbolt starter kit ($100) and a lever starter kit ($100), the other one had another deadbolt kit ($100), a deadbolt only ($70) and a lever only ($70), also scored a trane thermostat for $60, not to mention the 17 3-way GE dimmer switches ($20 ea) and the 5 std dimmers ($20 ea) they also had a wired camera for $25, not sure that was worthwhile… At any rate, doing the whole house, and will be using a “2 Gig” alarm I am also installing, that’s zwave enabled, reason being I’m not moved into this house yet, has no Internet, so GSM monitoring and home control via “alarm relay” and “alarm.com”. Once I move in by the end of the year I figure I’ll get a MCV Vera, maybe they’l have the bugs worked out by then :slight_smile:

LOL yeah I just went to my nearby radio shack and picked up 2 outdoor power modules and a camera and the last thermostate they had.

I tried replacing the thermostat today but my old thermostat only had 4 wires and powered by batteries. there is no 24v com wire to power the thermostat, I guess i’ll have to have an electrician install it. (wonder how much that will cost)

[quote=“MikesTooLz, post:7, topic:167482”]LOL yeah I just went to my nearby radio shack and picked up 2 outdoor power modules and a camera and the last thermostate they had.

I tried replacing the thermostat today but my old thermostat only had 4 wires and powered by batteries. there is no 24v com wire to power the thermostat, I guess i’ll have to have an electrician install it. (wonder how much that will cost)[/quote]

I just checked the 1st & 2d flr thermostats at the house I am moving to, they are currently wired with 4 wires, but here is a 5th blue wire not connected, so I can hook that up to 24VAC in the basement.

my current house has only 4 wires (no 5th unused wire availble) and, the entire house is drywalled/sealed, so impossible to replace that 4 wire with a 5 wire, without tearing up lots of drywall. I think I can use a 24VAC power source (via a local 24VAC transformer near the thermostat). I think this will work between the “R” terminal (which is the return side of the 24VAC from the furnace), and the “C” terminal (for power)

I think this will work, even though there will be 24VAC from 2 separate source on the “R” terminal, because the local power supply will only be connected to the “C” terminal to complete the circuit, the 2 24VAC transformers will only have 1 connection in common…

We should probably make a new thread for this discussion on local powering of zwave thermostats…

Looks like we already have a thread about this very topic, and I was correct, local 24VAC power supply from “R” to “C”

Topic: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=786.15

Jameco 24VAC transformer, $8.96
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&productId=87581&catalogId=10001&freeText=87581&app.products.maxperpage=15&storeId=10001&search_type=jamecoall&ddkey=https:ProductDisplay

Amazon 24VAC “Rainbird UT1” 24VAC transformer, $13.23
http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Bird-UT1-Sprinkler-Transformer/dp/B000DCN8LS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296360315&sr=8-2

Radio Shack, 24VAC, $6.99

Went to a Radio Shack near where I live, picked up the Deadbolt and Lever for $70 each and a camera for $24. They had the motion detector as well, but not something I needed. The guy even gave me an extended warranty on the Lever for free. And if I wanted to find out what other stores still had them, to just give him a call. Apparently they just hadn’t sold so they are clearing out what inventory they have in their stores. Any which way it’s a great deal considering my deadbolt I already have installed cost me nearly $200.

For the thermostat, I also only had a 4 wire cable installed, I just went to Home Depot, bought some 5 wire cable and used the existing cable as a pull string(taped the new cable onto the old and pulled it out, thereby pulling into place the new cable).

Interesting, today Radioshack.com no longer lists any Schlage locks.

store near me has half of what they had yesterday, but they still have around 8 of the door locks and deadbolt kits.

I went to two of them today and got some more of the wall switch’s, outlets and outdoor modules while I can.

I have wanted to do all of this for a while now but the cost of these things have always been expensive. I almost didnt get anything due to Schlages required monthly fees but then I learned about Mi Casa Verde in an amazon.com user review for the schlage keypad deadbolt. Ordered my Vera2 on friday afternoon and got it saturday morning with amazon prime shipping ($3.99).

Spent the weekend setting everything up and playing around with it all. There are still two thing I still cant seem to get to work as I would like. I created a scneen that turnes on two lamps inside my house and I set the event that triggers the scene to when my Schlage Deadbolt is Unlocked. The scene however never seems to get triggered.

The second thing is that when trying to access https://cp.mios.com from a non smartphone I get an error saying that the website is using an untrusted server certificate.

I wish I could use some of the stuff that RadioShack is getting rid of e.g. outlets etc. However the builder of my home used ivory and not white. So this limits me to Leviton and Cooper products (not cheap but good quality).

• Garrett

Or, it could be cheaper to changeout EVERTHING to the Radio Shack/GE switches on sale for $20, rather than buying full price ones (even at sale prices) that seem to be $60 and up each… Cover plates are dirt cheap, and also, you don’t have to changeout devices behind furniture, etc. I am doing my entire house… It won’t get any cheaper than $20 a switch. I just wish they still had the relay module lightswitchwa, since the entire house is done with CFLs. The dimming switches work, but get a little funky, and of course they can’t dim the CFLs. I did find some Intermatic CA3000’a at automated outlet for $35 that are relay based on-off and also support 3 way switches as well

[quote=“garrettwp, post:12, topic:167482”]I wish I could use some of the stuff that RadioShack is getting rid of e.g. outlets etc. However the builder of my home used ivory and not white. So this limits me to Leviton and Cooper products (not cheap but good quality).

• Garrett[/quote]
    yeah, just change the faceplate

There is the issue of whom I am married to …lol

try hitting up a lowes for some plastic spray paint and find a color that matches

[quote=“garrettwp, post:12, topic:167482”]I wish I could use some of the stuff that RadioShack is getting rid of e.g. outlets etc. However the builder of my home used ivory and not white. So this limits me to Leviton and Cooper products (not cheap but good quality).

• Garrett[/quote]

[quote=“bdevaux, post:16, topic:167482”]try hitting up a lowes for some plastic spray paint and find a color that matches

• Garrett[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, that fusion spray paint bonds to plastic to become permanent and is only a few bucks.