Scenes - Advanced tab - what does it do?

I haven’t used the drop-downs in any of my scenes. I don’t how they are used; can someone school me on this?

“Scene is ‘active’”… what do the selections here mean? It makes sense to me that the scene is ‘active’ when all devices in the scene are properly set. Why would you select if any light in the scene is turned off?

“Pick a device”… for what? And I guess if I understand that, the delay will become obvious.

TIA!

You can find documentation on that tab here:
http://docs2.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&page=advanced_scenes&version=1&skin=mios&firmware=1.1.1245&platform=2&manual=1

Ahh. I see (I think). I just don’t know what I’d use it for. Flash a light once as confirmation that a scene is set? Not sure.

…and I’m still unclear on the “if any light in the scene is turned off” setting. Does that mean… if a scene is active… and one of the lights in the scene is turned off… I can do “something”? I don’t know what that would be. Some of my scenes perform an “all off”, so the lights are already off.

I don’t have anything particular in mind, here, I just want to understand the feature.

I have never set something like this up, but I can imagine that if you had two switches at either entrance to a two-door room, you might want to turn off a whole scene regardless of which switch you turn off.

I just bumped into this after reviewing the latest changes in UI7.

Option 1) “When all the devices in the scene are properly set” is very vague to me…

Option 2) “If any light in the scene is turned off” … uh, OK.

I have a scene that when triggered turns lights on; what setting do I use?

I have a scene that when triggered turns lights off; what setting do I use?

Years pass, this thread languishes, the documentation link (above) breaks… and STILL I (along with the OP) don’t fully grok what these settings actually mean.

So I never touch them when creating Scenes!

But can somebody please shed light on the difference (or different use cases involved) between “When all devices in the scene are properly set” and “If ANY light in the scene is turned off”??

Thanks! - Libra

Really? Nobody can shed more light on these two options? (He asks, another year later, hoping someone from MCV could chime in…) :-/

Observationally I think the first one indicates that all devices are in the ‘correct’ starting status.

No idea if that’s right, and no idea about the second part :frowning:

C