SCENE: Turns off a light after 5 seconds (LUA/LUUP)

I am creating a scene in LUA/LUUP in order to turn off a ligth after 10 seconds.
I’m using a FIBARO Walli Outlet.

To do this, I went to Scenes → Add Scene → Manual (no Step 1) → Next Step (no Step 2) → Also, run the following Luup code: No Luup Code Defined (Step 3).

Code:
"luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1”, “RunScene”, {SceneNum = “SceneID”}, 1)

local status = luup.variable_get(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”, “Status”,DeviceID)
if (status == “1”)then
luup.call_delay(“delayOff”,3)
end
– Main code terminates at this point
– Function to be called after delay
function delayOff()
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”,“SetTarget”,{ newTargetValue=0},DeviceID)
end"

My idea with this code is:

• Call the scene to run always
  • Check Switch Status
  • If on, call the delay function

Now my problem:
The scene code only runs when I press the “run” botton in the scene menu. What i need to do or change to the scene run alone?

Set the outlet as trigger, when on → scene runs. Maybe I’m missing the point here but this can be done with no code at all as the built in scene creation has a delayed action. Scene triggers when outlet is on, add delayed action to turn the outlet off.

Hi,
I know it’s possible but I’d really like to do it in LUA/LUUP because I want to understand better the “power” of this language. My problem is actually that the scene only runs when i press the run botton…

I’m still learning too, since scenes need a trigger perhaps luup.variable_watch in startup lua is the way to go then?
I don’t have the answer, just providing hints on how I would proceed if I wanted to complicate things :slightly_smiling_face:

humm, I didn’t know the luup.variable_watch command. I’ll study it a little bit, thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

@therealdb Hi! How are you? I’ve been searching around the forum and I’ve already found some very useful posts and comments from you. Do you have 5 minutes to see my problem and see in general what I might be doing wrong? Thanks a lot

Variable watch is OK if you want to do it in code. The scene is not necessary. There are plenty of examples in the forum and the wiki have a couple more. Just watch for status and if is 1, start the delay.

Hi! The code I published here works. My problem is that the scene i created only runs when I press the RUN button. I wanted it to work 24 hours a day and not just when I press the button. TY

As I said, a watch is a better choice than a scene. Try it.

Edit your scene:
Change from ‘Manual’ to ‘Device’
Select the trigger as the light that you are interested in, when it comes on, then it can run your Lua code