RZCZ1 appears to work but ??

Been a long time since I needed help from the forum zen masters. Installed a RZCZ1 the other night it excludes and includes just fine. It appears to link to the scenes automatically when I assign the scenes via it’s wrench. BUT when I toggle the RZCZ1 it gets a “transmit OK” but neither scene fires. HELP?? Oh yes I did the searches … LOL

Oh I am on 1245/3.20.

Played around a bit (I normally program these with the Leviton remote). It appears the auto-generated events are for [tt]scene 1[/tt] is [tt]activated[/tt] and [tt]de-activated[/tt], which makes logical sense. However, looking at the tracing, it seems [tt]On[/tt] maps to [tt]scene 255[/tt] and [tt]Off[/tt] to [tt]scene 0[/tt]. So that may be a bug with the auto-generated events. You can get around that by creating the events manually (i.e. [tt]a scene is activated[/tt] #255 for [tt]On[/tt], #0 for [tt]Off[/tt]).

The thing with that, however, appears to be that Vera does not properly report status back to the controller (or something), so you can only trigger the [tt]On[/tt] scene, unless you do a quick double-tap for [tt]Off[/tt]. One way to get around that is to set up just the [tt]On[/tt] scene and use the [tt]ToggleState[/tt] command from the [tt]Advanced[/tt] tab (which would give you just on/off control, no dim level).

It is on some of the beta tester’s lists to ask MCV to focus on the Leviton gear inter-operability when things are a bit quieter.

@oTi … thanks will give that a try later today … I appreciate all who keep this forum alive and well!!!

Did this get resolved? My RZCZ1 is not working either. If you did get it to work, what are the scene settings?

Not that I know of; and have (therefore) not revisited it. I program mine with the Leviton remote.

Not that I know of; and have (therefore) not revisited it. I program mine with the Leviton remote.

Are you saying I can program (pair up devices) with a Leviton remote? My RZCZ1 remote used to work fine when I had a ControlThink network, so it must be vera that doesn’t know how to program the devices correctly.

If I am understanding you correctly, I can use a Leviton Remote to program the RZCZ1 to work properly?

Possibly part Vera, part RZCZ1. Part of the issue is that the RZCZ1 can only be associated with a single device, so you can’t have both Vera and the device associated, so they both know you pressed a button.

Are you saying I can program (pair up devices) with a Leviton remote?
Correct; I use the Leviton remote (VRCPG), which is a secondary controller in Vera's network, to associate the RZCZ1 with the other device. This provides on/off and dimming. (I haven't tried with ThinkStick/ThinkEssentials; if that's what you (used to) use?)