Replicating "network and channels"

I have 3 Intermatic remotes HA07 and HA09. I was used to have one as primary, and copying network to others always was a matter of seconds.

This included “channels” - is it their name for scenes? - what devices will are to be turned on/off on each button.

Now as I setup Vera’s stick as primary controller, copying network to those controllers copies only devices, but not “channels”. So I take one remote and go over my house setting channels up - ex. button 1 would turn on guest room lights, etc.
But as it now secondary controller it doesn’t let me copy channel information to other compatible controllers, so I have to redo it for each and every remote, with is ridiculous.

Is there any workaround to enable copying channel information between secondary controllers?

Our Z-Wave coder has an open request to our Zensys engineer the best way to accomplish this. The problem is that it appears scenes are handled in a proprietary way that’s different for each controller, and isn’t documented. So far I’ve only seen it work between two models from the same manufacturer. This is one of the things we’re trying to figure out how to fix for he next firmware release.

I second that - copying scenes between controllers does not work with different manufacturers. I used Leviton Vizia-RF controller as primary and had to manually recreate scenes on my secondary ACT controller.

Guys, my question was about few controllers of the same manufacturer…

Micasa - I know people at Cooper Wiring and Wayne Dalton. If you need some contact info I could probably put you in contact with them. Just let me know.

But you are trying to copy scenes from Vera, which in order to be able to do that, needs to understand how ACT does it, how Leviton does it differently, and all the other ways other manufacturers do this function in their controllers.

Well, not exactly - I created scenes on a secondary controller (Vera is the primary one), and looking for a way to replicate them on other secondary controllers of the same manufacturer.

I think you are caught in a classic catch-22. If the controller was a master you could copy the scenes from it, but they are all secondaries, so they can’t copy. Its a ZWave issue. One that has been a glaring oversight from the beginning. There is some protocol for pushing scenes into the in-wall controllers but I’m not sure its the same for the different vendors.

[quote=“325xi, post:1, topic:164088”]I have 3 Intermatic remotes HA07 and HA09. I was used to have one as primary, and copying network to others always was a matter of seconds.

Now as I setup Vera’s stick as primary controller, copying network to those controllers copies only devices, but not “channels”.

Is there any workaround to enable copying channel information between secondary controllers? [/quote]

Work around would be to revert to making the HA07 again primary.

I installed Vera as secondary from the start and am happy with that setup.
I see no need to have Vera as Primary :-\

YMMV
HF, Chris

Well, I had an idea to shift Primary role to one of the remotes, set the channels, replicate to other remotes, and then return primary role to Vera.
But as far as I understand controller shift doesn’t yet work, does it?

Why would you? ???
Vera works fine as secondary controller!

HF, Chris :smiley:

It’s usually best to leave Vera as the primary. Every 24 hours Vera does ‘network healing’ to re-configure the optimal mesh network routing, try to find lost/dead nodes, etc. The battery operated handhelds like the Intermatic don’t do this, and Vera can only do it if Vera is the primary. Also, network routing works best when the primary controller is in a fixed location and doesn’t move relative to the other nodes.

As far as replicating scenes/channels, I think we’ve found a way, and we’re working on it yesterday and today. Hopefully we’ll have a new firmware in the next couple days that solves this.

Is the routing logged somewhere? And particularly are changes logged?

If routing changes more frequent than devices gets added/removed, it might be a good indication something fishy is going on; like the near failure of a module ???

HF, Chris

Self diagnostic system - Vera to mark modules in question - that had to be optimized recently - nice!

Yeah, normally there should not be a need to reroute, if the system is stable.
Unless of course you’re in the business of moving around big appliances like stainless steel fridges ;D

HF, Chris. :wink:

[quote=“micasaverde, post:12, topic:164088”]It’s usually best to leave Vera as the primary. Every 24 hours Vera does ‘network healing’ to re-configure the optimal mesh network routing, try to find lost/dead nodes, etc. The battery operated handhelds like the Intermatic don’t do this, and Vera can only do it if Vera is the primary. Also, network routing works best when the primary controller is in a fixed location and doesn’t move relative to the other nodes.

As far as replicating scenes/channels, I think we’ve found a way, and we’re working on it yesterday and today. Hopefully we’ll have a new firmware in the next couple days that solves this.[/quote]

What happens if there are battery nodes and asleep, does Vera think they are dead?

Click + and you’ll see the neighbors for each Z-Wave node.

All of my devices don’t show anything next to neighbors.

Does it mean I can freely move plug-in modules without delete/re-add device every time - I now assume Vera will fix routing next night - is it right?

i would not recommend that. Better remove and readd them.

best regards,
Hari