Removing Z-Wave devices without Z-Wave Controller

I have about 30 Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS micro controllers paired with my Alarm.com GE Simon XTI ZWave controller. Unfortunately, the device failed and needs to be replaced. How do I un-pair my micro-switches from a network if the main controller is no longer operational?

I am planning to try the VeraEdge as an alternative to the Alarm.com controller while I wait for the replacement. If it works well I may not go back to the Alarm.com unit when it arrives.

Thanks for your help!

You can exclude any Z-Wave device with any controller. It does not have to be the original controller.

Use your Vera Edge to exclude and then include the devices.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:2, topic:185093”]You can exclude any Z-Wave device with any controller. It does not have to be the original controller.

Use your Vera Edge to exclude and then include the devices.[/quote]

Dumb question I know, but…how do you exclude on a Vera Edge? Is it only by holding the sync button til it blinks fast, or can it be done via the web interface?

Thanks

It can be done through the web interface. If you try to pair the device and it is already paired with another controller it will give you the option to un-pair and try again.