remotely control / reboot Vera?

Hi,

I have a conumndrum here: I’m able to reach my vera via SSH, but the home.vera.com site tells me the controller is offline.

is there a way to tell the Vera box to “call home” and report as up?

Alternatively, would /sbin/reboot/ be a safe option to reboot my box??? I’m a few hundred miles away, and I really don’t want to have to make the trek to simply turn off my vera and turn it back on.

That should work.
Some how your network dropped the link between your Vera and MCV servers without your Vera noticing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I use a relay on my Elk security panel to cycle power to my Vera if need be. Even if the Vera has no comm (locked up) I can remote in to the Elk and trip the relay.

[quote=“lionelandjen, post:1, topic:194083”]Hi,

I have a conumndrum here: I’m able to reach my vera via SSH, but the home.vera.com site tells me the controller is offline.

is there a way to tell the Vera box to “call home” and report as up?

Alternatively, would /sbin/reboot/ be a safe option to reboot my box??? I’m a few hundred miles away, and I really don’t want to have to make the trek to simply turn off my vera and turn it back on.[/quote]

Oh no, I had this issue also last 8 hours. Support was trying to help me. They “reset” their database. That helped in order to see my controller again after login in at home.getvera.com. (btw. all apps like imperihome etc were also not working anymore).

But then the s h i t started. All my configuration was gone! Vera was empty and I had to do the setup and connection to my account all over!

But Vera support has done nothing they said…

I have been trying and trying all kinds of things and at last I managed to restore a backup after login in from 2 days ago and it came alive.

2 things I have learned:

1. If the backend of Vera is corrupted or broken in whatever way: you are screwed. You really NEED THEIR servers to remote control your house.
  2. Vera remote control servers are not so stable as their status site tells us.

Apparently I was not the only one having these kind of issues.
And I wonder what and why Vera really knows of me, my house, system, etc. And what they really do with that. Scary for me…

Hi,

I was having these issues too. It seems to be back to normal, but I had to reboot one of my Veras (the Edge, the older Lite keeps humming just fine). You can do that via the Network settings page.

Cheers