Remote provisioning

Is there any way to remote-provision Vera?
An API to create scenes, change timers, etc?

I supppose you are speaking of not using the web interface?
Are you looking to use another interface to set configurations in Vera?
I bet you might be able to do this with Lua

Remote provisioning, that is, for example, to change scene settings automatically from another 3rd party system using some kind of config API. No UI involved.

It’s possible. The simplest way it will be to create your scene, save it, then modify it, and save it.
When you save the modifications look at /tmp/log.gate.cgi and /tmp/log/cmh/DCERouter.log. You’ll see that you’ll need to pass the modified json part for that scene to DCERouter.
Copy that json part and sent that message with the json part from you’re other device.

Excellent!

The way you suggested is great “empirical” way to start, but… is there any documentation on this?

Please help The volume and mute is not working on my HD PVR remote. It does show the TV screen when you changes the volume up or down, and also when pressing mute. But nothing happens.

How can I fix this?

[quote=“cj, post:4, topic:164467”]It’s possible. The simplest way it will be to create your scene, save it, then modify it, and save it.
When you save the modifications look at /tmp/log.gate.cgi and /tmp/log/cmh/DCERouter.log. You’ll see that you’ll need to pass the modified json part for that scene to DCERouter.
Copy that json part and sent that message with the json part from you’re other device.[/quote]

Is it possible to create/modify timer from Luup…method/function/routine, whatever it is?

Actually, yes, you can do it from Luup. There are functions for modifying the json structure. I need to document them. First, take a look at the user_data.json file to get an idea of the structure. I’ve added it to my todo to document the json manipulation functions.