Release notes - Vera Mobile iOS v3.28

I have Fibaro roller shutter 2 , it works … What do you have?

Fibaro roller shutter 1 and 2. I have problem with both and it’s casual but consistent.

Pan04 and Pan06 remain the same. The icon is a generic device and should be a light bulb

I spent a good amount of time yesterday customizing the dashboard to be useful for me. Today it is back to default. Why? If it is going to dump my customizations randomly, I won’t bother. I’d rather have the old dashboard back that will give predictable results.

I am really sorry for what happened. We will investigate what was behind this.

Thanks. I did set it up again and it has made it over 12 hours now.

Whats up with general system alerts being only an ad to push you towards professional monitoring?
That isn’t a system alert at all. A system alert would be a device offline or triggered motion sensor or so forth. Right now it’s off my screen because it is a waste of space.

Also, geofencing is once again broken in the IOS app, missing multiple entry and exits of the fence.

General system alerts switch doesn’t do anything for me, is it because I’m in EU and it’s a Vera Protect thing?

I think we found what is causing the Dashboard setup to go to default. Did you use any special character or emoticons in your section names?

Geofencing has completely broken. Previous app had pretty good and accurate geofencing, new app is almost never correct. Please fix this.

No special characters or emoticons were used. I added 2 sections, “Sensors” and “Temperatures”.

Thanks for this long awaited upgrade, it works great! :+1:t4:
I’m wondering if there will be a possibility in the future to change the icons…

Today everything disapperared from my dashboard. When editing the scenes the devices and cameras reappeared but had to add scenes again to dashboard. No special character used.

I also report geofencing not working anymore. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling, created new geofence for testing, checked if localisation is enabled for vera app in settings (disabled it, then enabled again)…
Nothing works. It’s not that it has delays or work intermittently.
It just doesn’t work at all, nothing, nada.

1 Like

Could you please tell me the firmware version you use?

I’m having the same issues are @kwieto is describing running 1.7.4800 on my VP and 3.29 on my iPhone 11 Pro max. I have tested that geofencing also does not work with iPhone XS as well.

App version from “tech support page” - 3.28 (4)
Vera firmware version 1.7.4453 (latest one available for download, since newest, 1.7.4833, was removed before I did upgrade on my Plus)

Could you please check if you have Background App Refresh enabled for this app?

Yes, I have it on. in general settings it is on for both wifi and cellular network, individual for Vera app is switched on.

One more remark - on second controller, which I have set up with android app, everything works fine. Same firmware on the controller

I have it off on my devices. It used to work without having it on