Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

I’m on build 1.7.4955 for Vera plus with the hue 2 plugin and it works fine still for me.

1 Like

Very good to hear. I need to work on a couple of Jasco switches this weekend. If I get time Sunday, I may try to update the firmware.

Fixing the core product stability would be a great upgrade, instead of feature integration with new platforms.

Restore from backup, set Autoconfigure to off and you should be good to go.

I am running latest firmware on my Vera secure without issues

Ain’t that the truth…

C

1 Like

Unfortunately that is not my case :frowning:
I restored backup 3x times, each time it went smooth but after restart I still had new version.

For now I identified three types of problem with 1.7.4955:

1. some devices (like Trisensors) were reconfigured with new IDs, and some of child-sensors are missing; rest of them have new IDs.
  2. some devices (like Neo door sensor) were also reconfigured with new ID, and are not working at all (no ‘Tripped’ variable!!)
  3. and some devices (like Zipato Bulb 2) were also reconfigured with new ID but they are working fine. In that case I didn’t noticed that ID was changed - so most of my LUA code is not working because it is referring to the wrong device IDs. Since Vera didn’t noticed me about changing devices IDs I don’t know which exactly devices belong to this group (=have new ID but are working) - I have over 100 z-wave devices so I need to check them all manually…

GREAT JOB VERA!
Congrats once again. Yesterday I had working installation, now - I have total mess.
I’m so happy that you introduced these new version, a lot of stability for me.
Also I’m grateful that nobody from Customer Service is interested in writing anything that may help here.

And the funny thing is that since I’m Vera user for some time now, I got used to the problems with updates. So I read release note every time before I install anything from Vera.
There is nothing in release note to this new version that can explain my problems. So in fact the truth is that you cannot prepare yourself for what will happen with Vera, your installation and your house after update!

These features were introduced with 7.30, and I had similar problems with devices trying to reconfigure. It stopped with autoconfigure set to 0. it’s because these devices are not officially supported and the engine tries to re-configure them again.

I’m so sorry to hear about this. :frowning:

I’ve checked our ticketing system and the last interaction with our CS team was back in November 2019. They’d like to turn this around but fast and reliable support can only be offered through our CS team official communication channels: email, phone call or contact form.

I updated my Vera Plus earlier, was running 7.29 with extroot.
I used the extroot backupusb script to copy everything back to the internal drive.
I unplugged power from the VP then booted without USB drive attached.
Tested everything then did a backup then the update.
Everything seems to be working, I only have the Lifx plugin and a handful of devices but so far so good.

1 Like

Just to put some thoughts out there:

Company / product focussed forums are good, and I know we’ve been asked for greater interaction. One thing that I think would go a long way to improving the reaction to (inevitable) issues is just that. Greater interaction. @rafale77 has been answering all the technical questions on this thread along with help from other forum regs.

Vera CS are conspicuous by their absence.

@Sorin’s point (not shooting the messenger) is tantamount to Vera / Ezlo saying ‘Great new ability. You can now interact with us over email’ and then being told you have to send a carrier pigeon when your query steps outside the very limited confines set down by the community rules (and I accept that I’m in danger, if not of having already breached them)

That may not be so bad, but even when people are raising tickets in the approved way, there are plenty of (ignored?) reports of them not being responded to, or being worked. This could be because they were raised wrongly, but we’ll never know.

The final observation I’ll make is about successful forums. All the really good ones I’ve been on (and this is becoming that way) are made really good by the regular contributors. Not the forum rules. They’re there to give an enforcement mechanism and a framework. If you’re not regularly contributing, it’s a bit harsh when the greatest input seems to be ‘Stop it, you’re breaking the forum rules’. Bit like 'It’s my ball and I’m taking it away unless you play my game.

I was, in fact, at a seminar with Mulesoft last week about API adoption, and this forum issue came up as a very typical failing.

Anyway, hopefully we can continue to make this forum grow as a group, but more technical support would be really good!

C

1 Like

This firmware update disabled all my zigbee sensors. I had to exclude and include them all to get them working again. Tried restoring from backup, but no luck there.

Un-cool. Never quite sure if Zigbee is actually supported or not

C

2 Likes

My Hue bridge had an update on 18 febr. 2020. But my lights were still working back then. They stopped responding after the Vera update.
Any news yet on how to fix this?

Hi there, can you see what firmware your Hue hub is on? I udated to the last build but lost all my hue devices.

Guys, please advise. After coming from Vera Plus 7.29 stable I tried to update yesterday and after 1h, only the power light was on. I unplugged it and then back, same issue. Tried support, but no answer so far.
Is there a way to connect to VeraPlus as it seems no connection at all? I am worried here.

Thanks for any assistance.

I just installed the AltHue plugin and all my devices are back… and than some. I can see all my sensors and remotes aswell now.

So if you have the hue problem try this plugin.

1 Like

Well, good to know. So it seems that I skipped 7.30 and that is why I didn’t read release note to this update :confused:

Is there any other way I can bring back to life all my Neo door sensors? Without remove/include?
Maybe some magic spells, Voodo? I can try anything, just don’t want to spend another evening reconfiguring all this devices…

@Sorin I think that everyone see your commitment here on forum, you make a great job here and thank you for that. It just sometimes looks like you are the last man standing on a long ago abandoned post.

I’m just a little tired with struggling with my Vera.

I think you’re really going to need support for that but perhaps @Sorin might have the odd idea?

C

One of my colleagues from the QA team gave me some insights on this as follow:

@therealdb is very close with his explanation too but i’ll take this even further. All the mentioned devices you’re having issues with were not actually officially supported in 7.29 (the fw you’ve upgrade from), and once we’ve introduced official integration with 7.30 (previous fw), this also triggers a re-configuration of the devices.

I’m afraid I don;t have any favorable news on easy restoration, unless you want to go back to 7.29 and restore a backup. Which will return your devices but at the same time I’m not sure you’ll want to stick with a version that is inferior to the latest one. I’m sorry for this :frowning:

2 Likes