Release Notes - Ezlo Linux Firmware LIVE release v.2.0.13.1550.8 for Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure Vera Edge controllers

We’ve released a new Ezlo Linux Firmware LIVE release v.2.0.13.1550.8 for Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure Ezlo controllers and Vera Edge running Ezlo Linux fw

New Features:

Fixes:

• Bug fixing and improvement on the Wifi connectivity
  • Fixed the issues with Controller not being able to connect to a hidden WiFi network

Known issues:

• Issue on devices that support Tamper where the broadcasts and notifications generated are opposite to the actual tamper state

• Issue on Z-Wave devices with “electric_meter_amper” that is updated only when the hub is restarted. Ampere meter not changing value instantly once pairing a device supporting it (for example pairing a switch and adding some load to it - e.g. connect a bulb)

• Issue on Vera Edge where after the first update from Vera FW to the new Linux FW the “Internet” LED is OFF

• Issues with some Door Locks, as Danalock V3, that are not added with S2 encryption

• Vera Edge Wifi connectifity issues:

• Issues the Vera Edge controller not being able sometimes to connect to a Wifi network
    • Issus with disabling wifi interfaces not working on Vera Edge
    • Issues with hub.network.get method reporting AP interface as up, even if it is disabled
5 Likes

I had to turn this setting off via an API call or my hubs backups were every hour not every 24 hours as they should be.

Was that problem fixed?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @cw-kid

Currently, we have some units set to send logs in each rotation as it is the default value and it this is not affecting the creation of backups, meaning backups are not being created every hour but each day instead.

Please try it once more and let us know.

OK I will turn back on the API option for sending logs up to the cloud and see if that affects when the backups are send also ?

@cw-kid Yes, this shoulnd’t affect when the backups are being created or uploaded.

OK I have turned it back on using the Online API tool and this custom request:

{
    "method": "hub.setting.value.set",
    "id": "_ID_",
    "params": {
        "name": "logs.send_mode",
        "value": "each_rotation"
    }
}

I will monitor over the next few days for the time stamps on the listed backups to see if they are still every 24 hours.

Thanks

Hello, new EZLO Secure user. Forgive me if I am asking the wrong questions in the wrong place.
Yesterday my hub I went off-line and did not come back for about an hour. During that time I feverishly attempted to reset and bring the Hub back online to no avail. Apparently The hub was automatically updating to this new firmware mentioned in this thread.

Is this normal for hubs to automatically go off line and update without any notifications at all?

Could have saved me a lot of grief had I known this update was taking place.

Following this update I noted some small bugs appear that were not there prior to update. How do I go about reporting those?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions

Yes unfortunately at the current time the Ezlo hubs auto update and you can’t disable it.

We have requested an option to allow us to manually choose when the hub should update or not to the latest firmware version, but as yet it hasn’t been implemented.

To log bug and feature requests create an account on the Jira ticketing system here.

1 Like

@Oleh @Leonardo_Soto

This is still broken, these are the time stamps of the 10 backups listed in the Online API Tool after setting upload logs back to the default setting of “each rotation”.

Sun May 23 2021 13:17:32 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 13:17:00 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 12:17:51 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 12:17:44 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 11:17:00 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 10:18:02 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 10:17:00 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 09:17:48 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 09:17:00 GMT+0100
Sun May 23 2021 08:17:43 GMT+0100

Hi @cw-kid,
I am checking this case.
Don’t turn your unit off, please.

You may find I already set the logging to local only yesterday. Feel free to change it back to each rotation if needed.

Hi @cw-kid,

I changed the settings on my unit running beta 2.0.14.1570.3 and it looks the backups are now created daily as expected.

Scratch that. It seems that making Hub setting changes in the WebGUI has zero effect so I need to check the setting really changed.

Cheers Rene

Really? Try setting it via the Api then instead.

Ok, what I see is that the log rotation setting does seem to work, but the log level, logs color and logs indent have no true effect. The setting si changed, but I see no effect in the log files. However, if I use the v1/method/setEzloLogLevel?logLevel=DEBUG http command the log level does change. Except in the hub.settings.list

So, with the beta it looks like the backups stay at daily even if the log rotation is set yo each rotation.

Cheers Rene

Rene do you know if there is an API command to list what these settings are currently set as ?

Thanks

hub.settings.list

I can’t see that in the drop down box list.

There is this one but that doesn’t show those settings.

hub.device.settings.list

if you copy that request, and then select custom you can change it to any request the API supports, and not just the ones backed in the apitool web page. You do have to change the ID for each request you send btw.

Cheers Rene

OK thanks that works. I just changed the last digit on the ID to another one. They should really add this command and the ones for the backups to the Online API Tools menu of available commands to make it easier.

{
  "method": "hub.settings.list",
  "id": "1622068249979",
  "params": {}
}

These are the settings it shows: