registering vera lite on getvera-problems already!

Not a good start! Ok i have a used vera lite which i am trying to register on getvera. After i enter the serial number and mac address is shows a page stating it is assigning the device and will refresh after 30 seconds. It doesn’t however, it just sits there with the green logo spinning. if you reload the page it shows the device but if you try and connect it gives this error:
‘An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please try again later!
Error Unable to communicate with your unit. Please be sure the unit is powered and connected to Internet.’

What’s strange is I created a mios account through the ui5 interface and can use the vera no problems, whats that all about? I wanted to setup the newer getvera account as I have read some people have had better results over using a mios one.

Please put me out of my misery!

Cheers
Chris

Very important question: What UI version is your VeraLite running

UI5 - register on cp.mios.com and use same to access your unit.

UI6/UI7 - register on home.getvera.com and use same to access your uni.

Due to a difference in the authentication method between Ui5 and UI6/UI7, both servers are not interchangeable.

You can access a UI5 vera via Home.getvera.com using your UI5 credentials. It will redirect you to cp.mios.com. It detects UI5 based on the password you enter. If it does not contain special character such as $, @ or &, it assumes you are UI5 as it did not have this requirement. Whereas UI6/UI7 has.

However, you are able to create a password with a special character on UI5. If you did, that, it confused the heck out of home.getvera.com as it thinks your UI5 unit is a UI6 or UI7 unit and it tries to connect using UI6/UI7 MMS authentication. Which UI5 does not understand.

Confused…you will be! Ok I thought that might be the case. I have the latest ui5 whatever that is.

UI5 has a blue color scheme on the dashboard where Ui6/Ui7 have a green one. Firmware version for UI5 should start with 1.5.xxx (where xxx is the firmware version. 1.5.622 is the latest official one, there is a newer version but that’s sort of a beta) For UI7 it starts with 1.7.xxx. The latest is 1.7.690.

As I stated, ff your UI5 password has a special character in it, don’t use home.getvera.com as it won’t be able to connect to your unit.

If you feel brave, you can upgrade a UI5 VeraLite to UI7 and then you can use home.getvera.com.

So is there any reason have a unit registered on getvera as apposed to mios?

I have 1.5.622 and I can use my mios credentials to login into getvera, and as said it redirects.

Cheers
Chris

[quote=“detailme, post:5, topic:189302”]So is there any reason have a unit registered on getvera as apposed to mios?

I have 1.5.622 and I can use my mios credentials to login into getvera, and as said it redirects.

Cheers
Chris[/quote]

Mios does not work on ui7. Security is different along with servers. Bottomline if your on ui5 use cp.mios.com

If you upgrade to ui7 you need to create a new account on home.getvera.com and make sure the user and/or password are not all the same as cp.mios or you’ll have issues login in. So use a different password if you use the same user name.

Thank you all for your help!

Chris