Red light ?!

Hi all,
This night during my sleep, my vera light has crashed!
After an hard reboot, it works again but now I have the red led turn on.

What can I do to know understand the problem ?

Important information you left out: Vera model. Edit: OK, I seem to have a vision deficiency.

I think he is referring to the Vera lite. Hence the “Vera Light” in his post.

• Garrett

There is a orange LED, which on several older firmwares would not light up, and on later firmwares is on all the time. You don’t mean that LED, do you? Previous discussion

I know what he means. Mine just came on as well… When you look at the Vera Light there is 4 lights, the red one is the one on the right side. Any idea what that is?
System works fine but all 4 LEDs are solid.
Flo

Figured it out.
My USB stick died. Once I switched it back to non-USB logging the light disappeared.
Hope this helps.

But the OP is right. There are 4 LEDs on the Vera Light…

Flo

Is it the one with the “!”? I never seen that light up before. Maybe MCVFlorin can chime in and tell us what it is.

• Garrett

I’ll be taking odds on whether that LED is on on my Vera Lite when I get home. (All those security cameras, and none of them points at Vera.)

Edit: naah, it wasn’t. Still never seen the Swear light lit on my Vera.

… the “!” is short for a swear word, probably the one you used when you first saw it ::slight_smile:

Haha, good one. I can think of many phrase that will tie in perfectly for the light!

• Garrett

[quote=“frichter09, post:6, topic:171915”]Figured it out.
My USB stick died. Once I switched it back to non-USB logging the light disappeared.
Hope this helps.

But the OP is right. There are 4 LEDs on the Vera Light…

Flo[/quote]

Nice.
My USB stick died too.
I disabled the “usb logging” function and the red light disappeared.

Thank you.

;D

In Vera speak it’s short for Error, the ‘!’ LED is the Error LED.

Thats exactly what happened, hahaha.

The red LED (the one labeled as “!” (Swear LED, good one :slight_smile: )) is the Service LED. It lits up when there’s a problem with Vera.

So it is the FUBAR light?

I would not call a broken USB stick FUBAR… :smiley:

I went with the GPIO names as found on Vera Lite, and the valid/working argument to [tt]set_led.sh[/tt].

root@MiOS:/# ls /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/ veralite:blue:power veralite:red:error veralite:orange:zwave veralite:yellow:lan

Good find.

• Garrett