Recommended & supported UK power plugs

I’ve discovered the Energenie ENER010 4 socket trailing extension lead that is supported, and I know Energenie do some individual power plugs too - does anyone know if these are supported by this plugin?

They are a little more expensive than my preferred Mercury devices, but those are not yet compatible.

Are there any other inexpensive 433Mhz individual power plugs available in the UK that anyone can recommend? I’ve looked at the compatibility device, but the supported devices/brands are a little cryptic to me, I’ve no idea what most of them are except for Oregon, Home Easy and one or two others…

Supported UK plugs by the RFXtrx433 are:
ByeByeStandBy
DomiaLite
WaveMan
Energenie ENER010 and 5 gang
Livolo
Mercury (only using Lighting4)
HomeEasy
LightwaveRF

See also chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide.

I’m not sure which brands are supported by the plug-in.

[quote=“b_weijenberg, post:2, topic:183683”]Supported UK plugs by the RFXtrx433 are:
ByeByeStandBy
DomiaLite
WaveMan
Energenie ENER010 and 5 gang
Livolo
Mercury (only using Lighting4)
HomeEasy
LightwaveRF

See also chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide.

I’m not sure which brands are supported by the plug-in.[/quote]

The plugin does not implement Lighting4 protocol so you can forget Mercury.
All others should probably be ok but sometimes the same brand use different protocols depending on models…
If DomiaLite is using ARC, it should be supported by the plugin.

Livolo should be avoided due to the lack of different commands for ON and OFF. It is supported by the plugin but not ideally supported.
And of course, it is better to choose one that is supported in receiving by the RFXtrx433. Check the RFXtrx433 user guide for that.

Thanks, I looked through this list, and some of these are old devices no longer sold, others not suitable like the Livolos, so I ended up going with LightwaveRF ‘basic’ plugs which are only a little more expensive as it turns out (I’d only previously been aware of their more expensive dimmer plugs…

I might get an Energenie 4/5 gang for my AV kit at some point. With the exception of a heater in an outbuilding for obvious reasons, I’m not seeing a need for Z-wave for this sort of functionality (mainly turning lights and AV devices on/off).