rating vera

out of 100%, how do you rate vera?as a reliable device

i give it 70% MAX

this is a tricky question, the reliability of vera depends so much on so many factors (interference, walls, obstacles, range, mesh network, repeater devices, etc. ) my initial setup had several repeating devices relatively nearby, and vera was pretty reliable, probably within 90%. When i added some devices at the edge of my mesh network, I started to get reliability issues, particularly for far devices, probably about 70%. I guess if I add more devices at the right places it’ll improve. it’s not really black and white :-\

Are you rating Vera or Z-Wave? Vera is limited to what Z-wave can do, and intelligently tries to overcome some of those obstacles (and sometimes doesn’t/can’t).

If you are quality my rating as “when I do X, then Y should happen,” then since I switched to USB logging and swap, I’d say I’m closer to 90% (maybe higher).

There are some issues for sure, but I’m definitely working within the confines of Vera, and all seems better.

Only once in the past week did I feel like something was “odd” in Vera (when I was installing a plugin) and I power cycled it.

thank you for your reply

actually i am talking about vera
because twice in 6 months i lost connections to all my devices so i had to remove them all and re add them
and now i am loosing time and date !!!

i am using vera2 UI4, i have read many threads speaking about many other problems in UI5

can i depend on vera?

I had lots of reliability problems with Vera 2 UI4 (I have about 30 z-wave devices, locks, sensors etc.), with vera losing its z-wave connection about once very 2 months (had to restore from backup including restore dongle firmware).
I have since upgraded to VeraLite and reliability now is excellent.
For me VeraLite UI5 was a great improvement in terms of reliability and speed. I haven’t had a single failure yet.

the question is, if i install my vera with the 30 devices and not playing with its lua and luup and other stuff.
Just install them (for a client for example) and leave

Will the same problems (like loosing connection) appear?

I have restarted my Vera2 (UI5) once in 9 month and i’m pretty sure it was due to a large amount of power failures due to a storm and not actually anything to do with the Vera.
I would rate it a 9.

[quote=“HouseBot, post:7, topic:171429”]I have restarted my Vera2 (UI5) once in 9 month and i’m pretty sure it was due to a large amount of power failures due to a storm and not actually anything to do with the Vera.
I would rate it a 9.[/quote]

8 for me… At this point the platform is stable just not mature (docs, features and regular updates). Good architecture, concept and value.