Question on Widgets

What determines what kind of widget gets used for a device? I use Vera to control my Yamaha receiver. Say I wanted a slider widget to control volume. Is there a way to create a scene or virtual device so Imperihome creates a slider widget?

One trick I used for Lighting scenes was I used the Virtual switch app to control scenes, then it shows up in Imperihome as a switch instead of a scene.

Hi,

ImperiHome has a DeviceType <-> Widget mapping into it. For example a Dimmer device has several allowed widgets : some of them are only available for Dimmers, some other are available for other device types (Switches for example).

For your Yamaha receiver, hmm if you want to have a slider to control volume, then you would have to simulate a Dimmer device (urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableLight:1) in your Vera and make it act on your receiver :s not simple

[quote=“nkskjames, post:1, topic:179639”]What determines what kind of widget gets used for a device? I use Vera to control my Yamaha receiver. Say I wanted a slider widget to control volume. Is there a way to create a scene or virtual device so Imperihome creates a slider widget?

One trick I used for Lighting scenes was I used the Virtual switch app to control scenes, then it shows up in Imperihome as a switch instead of a scene.[/quote]

did you get this working?