Qmotion Blinds

I don’t have much experience with Wireshark sniffing - I have it installed on my laptop and use it for work - but really just to be able to read traces I get sent by another team (reviewing SIP headers to correct VOIP problems). That said - it is easy to setup- you just pick a interface (wi-fi device) and hit start. If the data is an HTTP call, I think you will see it in all of its glory - if some other type of communication I am not sure what you will get…

Too bad they didn’t just create an API for Qsync and publish it. Maybe they will at some point - I would rather use straight IP instead of having to do the serial encapsulation into HTTP and add the Itach IP to serial device. (Course, now that I have that serial conversion done, it works great…)

Cool Ill post back if I find anything when it arrives in 3 weeks.

I sent a email to qmotion support asking about api and recived a postive reply.

We are currently working towards a two way solution-if you look for us at CEDIA you should be able to have more details on it then! Thank you for your support of our products.

Hooked up qsync and had alook with wireshark on my laptop I was able to find this on the IP.

Should I try hooking the qsync to my latop and making a hotspot for my android phone to connect to instead of trying to monitor it through the main 24 port switch? and router?

I can see command received in the hex data when I fire off 4 blinds.

I guess 192.168.0.7 is the Qsync? So looks like we are not seeing the call to the QSync, but instead we are seeing the response coming back after it receives a command (which is broadcast to the whole subnet, I think)…

So what we really want to capture is the message from the phone to the QSync…

I’ve been told that qmotion are launching zwave blind in October. Once it’s launched in the USA it should then be available in other regions as well.

That would be cool - and certainly would help them in the market…

What they launched was Zigbee. I met with QMotion at CEDIA yesterday (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34270.0.html).

I am short on time today, but if you are thinking about ordering QMotion in the next few days I would hold off. They have cool things that are not yet available…

What they launched was Zigbee. I met with QMotion at CEDIA yesterday (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34270.0.html).

I am short on time today, but if you are thinking about ordering QMotion in the next few days I would hold off. They have cool things that are not yet available…[/quote]

Hopefully a product for backwards compatibility for people who already spent 1000s on the blinds…

I am short on time today, but if you are thinking about ordering QMotion in the next few days I would hold off. They have cool things that are not yet available…[/quote]

Hopefully a product for backwards compatibility for people who already spent 1000s on the blinds…[/quote]
They told me $50 per zigbeee retrofit for new motor and that includes new batteries. Course they thought I was a dealer, so there might be mark-up!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is zigbee helpful for vera as we use zwave… or will new vera most likely support zigbee?

The Vera Plus is supposed to support Zigbee. Me, I plan to wave for QMotion’s Zwave motors, which they told me would be ready 1st half of 2016. I just hope they offer a similarly cheap motor upgrade program…

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like Qmotion is moving ahead with Z-Wave. They were just acquired by Legrand, I hope that won’t derail anything…

“See the latest QMotion Shading Systems at the CES 2016 show in Las Vegas! Our Motorized Shades are being demonstrated in the Z-Wave Alliance Booth (South Hall #21000) and the CEL Booth (Sands Expo Level 2 #70957)”

[url=https://www.facebook.com/QmotionShades/posts/1102120829807841]https://www.facebook.com/QmotionShades/posts/1102120829807841[/url]

Hopefully they go with a zwave multi channel remote, that can talk back to the vera 2 way.

I added recursive calls to my function, so that if it receives a call to move a group of shades, and one of the associated windows is open, instead of just ignoring the request, it recursively attempts to perform the same action on each individual shade. If all the windows are open, it would be the same result - no action - but if only one of three windows in a group is open, the remaining two shades would move to the requested position. This requires the shades to both be in a group and also individually controlled by the QConnect.

To accommodate this, I also moved from running the function via call_delay(), to instead incorporating a delay timer “BlindChangeDelay”.

And finally I added a second QConnect with the same configuration as the first one. The need for this is maddening, but this has dramatically improved the reliability of my shades moving as they are supposed to do. My theory is the shades often lock out a given controller, and so by sending from two different controllers within a second or two, one of the controllers is always recognized. I got the second controller on eBay for $40, slightly less than the ~ $500 I paid my QMotion dealer for the first one…

I attached my PLEG that peforms all the automated changes. I have the same function in both PLEG Lua startup for this PLEG, as well as the overall Vera Lua startup, so that I can manually make changes via scenes called either by my Amazon Echo or via AutHomation on a phone/tablet .

Oh what to do what to do. Australia now have Zigbee motors in the Qmotion blinds and can be controlled Via Alexa
But to upgrade my existing blinds would cost around $2500 though.
I have the Qsync and looking for the easiest solution for integrating to Vera Plus and Alexa.
Everything here looks so complicated and above my level of expertise.
Need someone to spell out each step for me to follow if possible.

I was quoted (by QMotion itself as if I was a dealer) less than $100 USD per blind ($50? I think) to upgrade to Zigbee motors. So even with some mark-up, I was under the impression it would be pretty cheap on my 11 blinds. I just don’t see the point since it is not tested with Vera…