Push Notification Plugin

@B3rt

Ok here is my two answers :

I installed the app from the mios store (within my vera) but it install version 0.92*, cannot find anyway to update, want to use windowsphone so need 0.94. SO how do i force an update to 0.94?!

There is a validation step on mios store, managed by MCV and the last two versions are not yet validated. You can install the plugin manually (see first post)

Is there a way to let it work with nmwp (==notify my windowsphone: www.notifymywindowsphone.com) also? nmwp app works a littlebit better then the super toasty app on wp7.8, it supports already the upcoming update wp7.8 and new wp8 version (toasty not)

Probably yes, but iā€™ll only plan to integrate an other new provider XendApp.
After that iā€™ll stop adding new provider and only make bugfix.

thx

but manual install does not work for me at all.
I tried it but it does not save anything, also a test message is not received.

When i add my deviceid and i click ā€œsaveā€ i get confirmation it is saved, then i try to send a test message, the push message is also NOT received on my phone. When i go back to the toasty tab the deviceid box is xxxxxx again instead of my device id i entered earlier. All changes i make are not saved, they where when i used the 0.92 version.

About the nmwp protocol, that is pitty because nmwp is more used as toasty on windows phones and because the upcoming weeks the last version of windowsphone7 (version 7.8) is pushed as an OS update to the current WP 7.5 users as WP7.8 update, all current wp7.5 devices will not upgraded to the version WP8 which is also out already.
NMWP is already 7.8 supported, toasty is not and also nmwp is support by the new WP8 which is already available in stores on new phones only.

So sadly this app does not work for me, i then have to uninstall it.

@B3rt

Do you try to press the reload button ?
What can you read on the the plugin main tab ?

[quote=ā€œMassalia, post:59, topic:172383ā€]@Vuser

Hi, di you check your PushOver User key (Missing char, Extra spaces ā€¦ ) ?
Can you try to send a message from the SendMessae Tab ?

Can you send me a screenshot (PM) of your advanced Tab.[/quote]

Hi Massalia,

Thank you for the prompt suggestions.

I tried installing the 0.94 (I believe thatā€™s the version - manually) but it did not work for me. so I went back and removed the self installed app (which was 0.80 but did not automatically update as it was expected to) So I installed the app from the app section version 0.92 (but that does not have the send message tab - so I have to go and try to install 0.94 manually again - I will try again in the next hour, and report back my progress)

I DID check the PushOver user key a few times on my own. Cut and pasted it (pasted as text) no trailing space, missing character, etcā€¦

Sadly as for PM-ing you a picture of my advanced tabā€¦ I canā€™t yet. I have to post five more messages after this posting to get to 25 posts - stupid forum restriction to limit spamming I am told.

You might be able to PM me first, and then maybe I can reply ???

Thanks for the help and suggestions - and especially creating this plugin in the first place !

Regards,

• Charlie

You have two options to install the update version:
Option 1
Goto apps.mios.com login and then select your unit if presented with muliple units.
From the My Account select View Plugin Details
Identify the plugin you wish to update and open it by either clicking in the Plugin Name or View located on the right side.
Click on Versions located on the top right of the screen to display the version history sceen.
Under Actions click on Install for the version you wish to install.

Option 2
In your browser use the following command.
http://Vera_IP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=Plugin_ID

You need to replace Vera_IP and Plugin_ID to details obtained from your unit. The Plugin_ID is obtained from the Advanced Tab of the current installed version

Option 1
Can also be used to install a previous version.

Hi Brientim,

Thanks for your post on my app install options. See below.

• Charlie

Hi Massalia,

I made some progress with the manual installation of the latest plugin zip from the first post.

I found the instruction:

- Click Create device. - Close this window and Save.

For me to be different, slightly. With UI5, at least my version, there is no Save button, and no ā€œclose this windowā€. Creating the device leave you there at the device creation area after creating the device. (If that makes any sense to you !) but the reload button in the upper right, made the Send Message Tab (And Toasty and few others) visible.

I again entered my push over api key, and tripple checked it with the pushover website, but the Send Message tab does not work for me.

So I am on the latest version 0.94 but still get this message:

Last message : invalid user - 19:23 - (PushOver)

Thanks for your help.

• Charlie

@charlie, @vuser

Hi

When you do a manual install you MUST hit the reload button Twice to force plugin initialisation.
To check that the plugin is correctly installed, open the advanced tab and look for plugin variable. (See screenshot below).

Thatā€™s why you canā€™t save anything.

New Version 0.95 just published, No change, just to be synced with MiosMarket version. ( No Version 0.93 and 0.94)

Hi Massalia,

Regarding your last suggestion:

I do have the second screen shot with the additional parameters now, and the correct pushover api key, but still getting invalid user. (In the past installation attempts, I was not hitting reload twice.)

Any other thoughts ? Try sending me a private message and I will see if I get it, if I do, maybe I can reply with an advanced tab screenshot.

Regards,

• Charlie

1st of 3 post to get past STUPID forum restriction - need 25 posts to private message

@vuser

Send me an eMail :slight_smile:

2nd of 3 post to get past STUPID forum restriction - need 25 posts to private message

Massalia - I did get your private message to me, but canā€™t even reply I get :

An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to send personal messages.

To All other forum readers.

Yes, 25 posts is the point at which you can private message. Sorry for the stupid posts to get to the level required to communicate and get help from Massalia with sensitive info.

I went from Newbie to Sr. Newbie, yippee !!!

Really confused how Iā€™m supposed to get this to work with Toasty/WindowsPhone.

@electricessence

1. Install toasty application on your phone => Here
  2. Test that it works from Here
  3. Install plugin on your Vera
  4. Put your device ID in Toasty Tab
  5. Test with Send message Tab

Vuser/Massalia,

Were you able to resolve the invalid user error while setting up pushover? Iā€™m getting the same error as well.

Hi Tjoyce,

No. I got over the private message limitation and can pm him, havenā€™t found a way to get an image of my advanced tab sent him directly either as an email (donā€™t yet have a email for Massalia - Heā€™s got mine) or a private message.

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll get back to me soon,

• Charlie

@vuser

I send a email, so you can have mine.

@vuser, @tjoyce
Version 0.95 is available from Mios App, so could you install it and recheck please.

Massalia,

I have 0.95 installed currently. I can sent a pushover message from the pushover website but get the invalid user error when I try from the plugin. Iā€™ve tried using the user code for the application and the device directly with the same error.

Thanks for the quick response!

Massalia,

Received you message, unfortunately I am to new to the forums to be allowed to respond directly. Would like to discuss what you requested, can you email me directly?

Thanks.