Problem adding Schlage deadbolt - Vera1 / UI4

[quote=“JackStewart, post:18, topic:167367”]Hi –

I have had the same experience adding Schlage locks as you and I received the same advise.

What finally worked for me was resetting the lock using the following procedure:

http://part2.schlage.com/docs/System_Reset_B.pdf

Focus only on resetting the lock …[/quote]

Thanks, I have done that each time after un-pairing the lock from the network.

[quote=“jsed, post:19, topic:167367”]Do you by any chance have your devices set so that they will not automatically configure? I have had untold trouble with my vizia 4 button scene controllers, so my overall Vera network is not set to auto configure.

Vera is still the primary, but all scenes controlled by the vizia in wall controllers were set up and then transferred over so that Vera doesn’t monkey them up. (Otherwise lights/buttons etc don’t work properly for me).

So in UI4, unless you go to the Settings Tab and change the Automatically Configure setting to YES within your specific device window- IE the Schlage Lock in this case- it will NEVER finish configuring even if you manage to get it to pair.

I keep forgetting this as I don’t set up complicated devices regularly, but I was having the exact same issues that you have been experiencing- it would pair and then give empty responses, not configured errors etc.

I ticked the box over to yes, and Vera finally finished the config. Only added and removed the darn thing 3 or four times. D’oh![/quote]

Yes, I have tried this also, but I believe the process should be complete before it appears in the network, and only then can I change this setting… I will persevere.

SUCCESS!!!

Finally… Thank you to everyone for help.

I believe there were 3 issues;

1. Bad dongle, exchanged by Micasa, thank you
  2. Vera too close to the lock, I had them approx 6 inches apart, moved approx 24inches and it worked.
  3. I was not sure to use dongle or not despite using full power inclusion. Neither seemed to work, but with clarity provided here and moving the devices further apart it is now working.

Again thanks everybody.