Powerlink mode unknown after restart while panel armed

The title says it all.

PowermaxPro Panel
Vera 3
FTDI USB cable

My installation has been in place for about 3 years. I disconnected the PowerMax Pro panel from the Vera to move both to another room.

After reconnection, and clearing of the “Comm Loss” error on the panel, now whenever luup is restarted while the panel is armed, the powerlink mode comes back as unknown.

I can recreate this EVERY TIME.

Plugin working fine in powerlink mode. I see realtime sensor actions. Arm the panel, then any refresh (luup restart, ctrl-F5, edit notifications, etc), results in the POWERLINK UNKNOWN message. I can arm and disarm via Vera, without losing the powerlink mode, provided there is no vera restart.

In order to clear the issue, I force the plugin into standard mode, disarm with a PIN, restart luup, unforce standard mode, restart luup, then all is fine in powerlink mode.

Nothing else causes the the link loss/unknown. It will work for days as long as the panel is not armed. As soon as the panel is armed, if vera/luup restarts, the plugin goes into unknown mode, and stays there until I repeat the above process.

Any thoughts? Please help!

I will add that if I locally disarm the panel (rather than through the plugin procedure I listed above), the plugin will reconnect.

Well, it’s been a few days of intense troubleshooting. Turns out I was to blame, so to help anyone else, here’s the issue.

The only thing I changed when the panel was moved, was to make the EXIT DELAY 30 seconds instead of 45.

I repeated it over and over, and this one benign setting was the culprit. If I let the system finish arming with 30 seconds, powermax connectivity was lost (and had to be rest as above).

Once I changed it to 45 second exit delay (or more) - no issues at all. Tried it all day yesterday, at random intervals.

So, the question is - why did that make a difference to the plugin?