Popp/Düwi Controller

I can understand that with battery operated devices like sensors, so the would only report when they are “asked”. But with wall switches and switching devices I find it hard to believe that a controller would be forced to poll every device. And in what way would a controller then be different from a simple wall switch?[/quote]

Actually, with battery operated devices it’s even more complicated - they sleep most of the time, so you cannot just poll them when you want. They can only be polled when they wake up.

Is this still valid?, any Duewi engineer reading this post? Anyone getting the duewi remote to work with Vera scenes? I’ve got Vera 3 and the Duewi remote does not seem to control Vera scenes.
Thanks.

let me push this question back to the top of the forum as I have this exact same problem: I can’t trigger scenes on my veralite using this Duwi remote.
Should I ditch this remote alltogether and purchase another remote such as the zwave.me?
Thanks to all for your kind support on this critical matter.

Is this still valid?, any Duewi engineer reading this post? Anyone getting the duewi remote to work with Vera scenes? I’ve got Vera 3 and the Duewi remote does not seem to control Vera scenes.
Thanks.[/quote]