plugin seems to be causing weird group mode issue

Setup: Vera 3 with plugin working to control 2 play5s.

Problem: 2 plays in group mode play fine. When I hit STOP on ios remote, the group stops. when I hit play (still in group mode) only one unit plays. If I ungroup, regroup, they both start playing fine. This is not immediately repeatable, but it does happen after some time.

I went back and forth with sonos support, not even thinking about the vera plugin. everything checked out fine on the diagnostics, but the problem persisted. i dropped it for a while. then i decided to disable the vera plugin by putting in dummy IPs for both units. The problem is fixed.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Same problem here with a Connect, and a Play 3. Have to ungroup and re-group to get them to work again… Thinking about removing the plugin until this is resolved since it causes some major headaches for the people using the system.

I had to turn mine off as well.

You mean that even without using plugin actions and/or plugin UI, the plugin is “breaking” group ?!
That’s strange as the plugin is only requesting data through UPnP calls, it is not modifying anything if you do nothing special with it.
Do you notice errors in the logs when it happens ?
That’s very strange…

Correct. I have not used the plugin to do anything in a long time. It breaks the grouping everyday.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:4, topic:175607”]You mean that even without using plugin actions and/or plugin UI, the plugin is “breaking” group ?!
That’s strange as the plugin is only requesting data through UPnP calls, it is not modifying anything if you do nothing special with it.
Do you notice errors in the logs when it happens ?
That’s very strange…[/quote]

Yes, if the plugin is active with the appropriate IPs set, i get this ‘loss of grouping’ every time. Right now I have the IPs in my two vera devices set to blank (disabling the plugin) and my sonos groupings work fine.

I’ll be glad to do any testing if you can give me specific actions to test.

What could help is to check the Vera logs when it happens to see if you have an error relative to the Sonos plugin.

I will receive a second Sonos very soon.
I should be able to investiguate the problem.

Sorry but I am not able to reproduce the problem with a Play:5 and a conect:amp.
I am using the Android control app and I tried several times without any issue to stop and then play a tunein radio while the two units are grouped.

Is your problem systematic (each time you stop and then play a group) ?
What kind of media are you using ? Is the issue reproduceable whatever is played by the group ?
Are you running the last Sonos version (I am) ?

Just keep them grouped and see if only one will play. Usually happens once per day.

Please let me know if the new version (with UPnP event proxy) corrects the problem.

[quote=“Intrepid, post:1, topic:175607”]Setup: Vera 3 with plugin working to control 2 play5s.

Problem: 2 plays in group mode play fine. When I hit STOP on ios remote, the group stops. when I hit play (still in group mode) only one unit plays. If I ungroup, regroup, they both start playing fine. This is not immediately repeatable, but it does happen after some time.

I went back and forth with sonos support, not even thinking about the vera plugin. everything checked out fine on the diagnostics, but the problem persisted. i dropped it for a while. then i decided to disable the vera plugin only by putting in dummy IPs for both units. The problem is fixed.

Any ideas why this could be happening?[/quote]

Ok, I finally succeeded in reproducing this issue, now that I have a second Sonos unit.

In fact, it happens if Stop action of the plugin is called in a Vera scene on a slave member of the group. If the same action is called on the coordinator of the group, no problem. That’s not a surprise as the group has to be controled by the group coordinator.

In a shoirt delay, I have 2 solutions to fix that issue:

• either disable some actions (including stop) on the slave member of a group
  • or first ungroup the Sonos and run the action
    I prefer option 2.

Later, my idea would be to be able to control the group from any member of the group. That should consist only in updating the group coordinator before running the commands.

I just committed a fix: a “Stop” action is now bypassed when sent to a slave member of a group.
To control a group, until I enhance group management, you have to know what Sonos is the coordinator of the group and send commands to that Sonos.

Ok so this explains an issue I have.

I have four Sonos devices. When I set my alarm to AWAY I want them all to turn off. And this works. When I set my alarm to STAY I want three of the four Sonos units to turn off.

So looks like in my scene I need to remove them from the group first then issue the stop command. I will try this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[quote=“Ramias, post:14, topic:175607”]Ok so this explains an issue I have.

I have four Sonos devices. When I set my alarm to AWAY I want them all to turn off. And this works. When I set my alarm to STAY I want three of the four Sonos units to turn off.

So looks like in my scene I need to remove them from the group first then issue the stop command. I will try this tomorrow.[/quote]

Or wait for my next commit.

The advantage of my new behaviour is that you just have to send a “Stop” command to each Sonos, regardless of group composition. And the group(s) is maintained after the operation.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:15, topic:175607”][quote=“Ramias, post:14, topic:175607”]Ok so this explains an issue I have.

So looks like in my scene I need to remove them from the group first then issue the stop command. I will try this tomorrow.[/quote]

Or wait for my next commit.

The advantage of my new behaviour is that you just have to send a “Stop” command to each Sonos, regardless of group composition. And the group(s) is maintained after the operation.[/quote]

Ok wonderful. I will wait. Newbie question: will the plugin automatically update, or will I need to install it manually?

How will I know the update is out? Thanks

Manually because the plugin is not yet released on the app store.
All my changes are announced in this topic: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8505.0.html