PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

I am now getting “Unsuccessful. Error code: 4” for my refresh status. I have no control of my thermostats. It says authorization was successful.

Note - I installed the three most recent files you provided. I installed these - replacing the previous three files you provided, and those where installed over the files from version 1.2 from the app store.

can you supply any logs ? You can PM but remember they contain passwords!

absolutely as long as you can tell me how to obtain the logs! :slight_smile:

first lets try something simple, send me the special characters you use in your username and password (anything that is not a letter or number). I’ll create a test case and make sure it is handled properly. Probably best to PM …

It’s only letters and numbers, no special characters. The password has worked fine until this newest update.

Oh, but to answer your question, go to the TCC setup device (where you enter your password).

1. Click Advanced
  2. Click the Variables tab
  3. Scroll until you find LogEnable, set the value to 1 and click outside the text box to set it
  4. Scroll until you find TraceEnable, set the value to 1 and click outside the box to set it

Now the unit is logging, go back and retry the login.

Now you need to extract the log. CudaNet posted earlier instructions on how to do this. Can you ssh to your vera ?

Yeah, I changed the way the credentials are sent. I just changed my password to numbers and letters and it logged in fine. Let’s see what the logs says. Sorry about this…

I started the logging. I am now working on the SSH to get the log.

Just so we are clear, my authentication is successful. That part works fine. The blue banner even says something along the lines of “authentication was successful and devices were found”.

OH, that is good, narrows it down. I’ll check the code after this point looking for oddities… Thanks!

If you have ssh access you can type ‘grep HNYWL_TCC /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log > res.txt’. Then exit back you your host machine and run ‘scp root@:res.txt .’ and enter you password. You can then sanitize this file and send it.

Argh, I mean ‘grep “HNYWL TCC” /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log > res.txt’, i.e. space instead of underscore.

I am sorry to be such s noob, but I don’t know what you mean when you say, “Then exit back you your host machine and run ‘scp root@:res.txt .’ and enter you password.”

I got the first part done. Also, I don’t know my root password, so I am doing SSH via “remote”.

Ahh, no problem. I assume you are running ssh from the machine you are also running your browser on and this is where you will upload the file from. You type ssh to get to the vera. When you type ‘exit’ in vera you come back to that machine and end the ssh session. scp is a command that copies a file over an ssh link. So you now have the file in the default directory of the account yo used to ssh into vera (remote).

When you type ‘exit’ and end the ssh session type ‘scp remote@:res.txt .’ to copy the file from vera to the directory you are now in. This is where you will get the file when posting. Does this make sense ? Thanks for all the effort to get this info, I just can’t see how we pass authentication yet get an auth failed error code (4).

I guess I am still missing something…

I am using the application “PuTTY” to perform the SSH. after I do the first part and then type “exit”, the application closes. I am not sure where I am supposed to perform the second part. When I open the PuTTY application again, the only real option I have is to enter my Vera’s IP address. Then it opens a new session where it prompts me, “login as:”. If I put what you have told me to, then it will not accept my password. I am pretty sure I am not doing this correctly.

Thanks for your patience with me!

I did see an issue with the return status from login. Used to be a boolean and I changed it to return a status. I don’t knopw why it would work here but not there. Anyway, try this file and see if it fixes the problem.

That doesn’t seem to have made any difference. Still need your help with the log thing…

OK, sent you a PM. We can resolve it there.

Here is my log file.

Could the issue be that I renamed the thermostats in Vera? So their device names are different than what they are called in the Honeywell TCC system?

For what it is worth, I renamed my thermostats (in Vera) to match what they are called in Honeywell TCC). This did not make a difference. I also moved them to the same “room” as the parent Honeywell TCC device and that did not help either.