PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

Hi Grwebster,

Yes, this can be done (See post 2 in this thread.) Specifically, the sections near the bottom for “CancelSetpointHold” and “HoldSetpoint” actions for the parent Honeywell device (not the individual thermostat devices). You will want to set the set-point with a permanent SetpointType when you go away, and when you return you’ll want to cancel the setpoint hold.

You can use (assuming UI7) either the advanced editor, or use luup code. (Luup code examples are given.)

Let us know if you need additional help, and good luck!

Perfect. Thanks very much JoeyD. The Honeywell program has a great interface for setting the schedule for the whole week, and the Vera can be used for override only. Makes me glad I did not buy the z-wave version, because then I would be stuck trying to do it using many scenes in Vera to get things done. Definitely this is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup…I tend to agree about the scheduling. In fact this is a rare device in that the UI that honeywell built for it is actually pretty damn good on the whole!

There are however a couple downsides to using the WiFi version vs. a Z-Wave version…which mainly comes down to using the internet as an interface between the thermostat and vera:

1. If your internet goes down at your home, you won’t be able to control or get the status of the thermostat…which means that any scenes you build also won’t work if the internet goes down. With a z-wave device this is not an issue since z-wave devices talk directly to vera.

2. Because the thermostat can’t “push” status updates to vera, we have to actively “poll” to get its status. In order to avoid the overhead of constantly polling all the time, we limit this to once every 5 minutes. This means that in a worst case scenario, your vera unit won’t know something has changed with your thermostats until 5 minutes after the fact.

The take-away is that for “mission critical” applications, you probably want a z-wave thermostat. For most of us (myself included), the internet limitation isn’t a problem.

Yes, Vera would do well to take a look at how they have it set up. It is too bad that that it can’t be local, but the stat has the program and will do it’s thing so I am not that concerned. I did see the delay when playing with it after I set it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there i am having trouble communicating with the thermostats i am getting a error code 500 when i refresh the units. I am able to log in to my account but no luck talking to the stats i did input the stats id any idea what im doing wrong thanks.

Works great so far. Really amazing work. Took about 10 minutes to set up (for some reason it wasn’t saving my thermostat IDs), but once I got the IDs saved, it added the thermostats when I did a reload.

Any idea if you might support more than 3 stats? I have 5, if you need me to test something, let me know.

As a matter of fact, the next release will support up to 8. :slight_smile: I’ve changed the set-up so that it should automatically find and install all your thermostats (up to 8 ) pretty much automatically.

Since you asked, I may use you as a guinea pig and post beta files here that you can upload and try out. I just need to check my code and make sure it’s suitable for a beta or release candidate…

Well I’ve been running this version for about a week now with no surprises, so I guess it’s safe to post as a beta. You can download the attached zip, and upload the included files to your vera (no need to uninstall your current version). The set-up tab will change (after a luup restart and a browser refresh) to what you see in the second attachment.

The new set-up tab will automatically “find” up to 8 of the thermostats you have included in your account. By default, new thermostats that are found are automatically added to your vera devices.

If, however, you don’t want a given thermostat to show up in your vera devices, disable it by pressing the “D” button and then “refresh”, and that device will be removed from Vera. (It will still show up on the list of thermostats as “disabled.”

Let me know how it goes!

Does the “D” thing work in U1.5?

Nevermind…

It should work, though I believe the display in UI5 doesn’t update unless you switch tabs back and forth. (Press the D button, then switch to another tab, then switch back to the set-up tab). The actual variable get set when you click “D”, but you don’t see the results unless you refresh the screen by switching tabs back and forth.

Unfortunately, there isn’t much I can do about that aside from potentially coding a custom Javascript tab, and even then I’m, not sure if that will solve that UI5 glitch.

Thanks, ServiceXP.

Those formatting issues are ones I’ve had to work around in the past. I don’t have a UI5 unit at the moment to test against, but I will in the next couple days. Despite the formatting issues, it should still technically work.

Just on a hunch though, you could try the attached JSON file and see if it gets rid of the display issues.

I may not be doing something right, but my stat won’t accept a set point. Also, when you hold down the up arrow, the set point is goofy. (Sometimes jumps back down by 10-20)
I can only change the fan and heat/cool mode. (Mine is an auto-changeover model)

[quote=“techieferret, post:34, topic:185402”]I may not be doing something right, but my stat won’t accept a set point. Also, when you hold down the up arrow, the set point is goofy. (Sometimes jumps back down by 10-20)
I can only change the fan and heat/cool mode. (Mine is an auto-changeover model)[/quote]

Hi techieferret,

We’ll try and get this sorted…I’ll a bit more information:

1. What UI version are you on (5 or 7)? If you’re not sure, is your screen mostly green and white (7) or blue and white (5).

2. If you press the up arrow one click at a time (slowly) does it work, show odd behaviour?

3. What mode is your thermostat currently in when setting the setpoint fails? (Heating, Cooling, Off, or Auto Changeover?)

[quote=“JoeyD, post:33, topic:185402”]Thanks, ServiceXP.

Those formatting issues are ones I’ve had to work around in the past. I don’t have a UI5 unit at the moment to test against, but I will in the next couple days. Despite the formatting issues, it should still technically work.

Just on a hunch though, you could try the attached JSON file and see if it gets rid of the display issues.[/quote]

The “Enabled” text is now showing for the thermostat but…

Unfortunatley, I have found no away around this UI5 issue. If I put variables on the dashboard control (in this case, last refresh time and status), they “leak” (for a lack of better term) on to subsequent tabs. They corrupt other controls / variables unless I “dump” the contents into dummy variables somewhere on the tab…and the result you see is the garbled mess that I must place somewhere on the screen. (where it is not overlapping other controls.)

@JoeyD,

Noticed today when logging into Vera that a ‘refresh’ error occurred (log data below). Quick question, if the device can’t authenticate (for whatever reason), does it re-attempt at any point (e.g. refreshInterval) ? Seems it was just waiting for me to restart LUUP. Once I did, voila - it reconnected. I believe the error reason was Host Unavailable or something like that…

Just curious…

06      01/27/15 11:26:49.773   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: statusRefreshDate was: Tue, Jan 27, now: Tue, Jan 27, #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2facd680>
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.773   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: statusRefreshTimeSuccess was: Tue, Jan 27, 10:34:05 AM now: Tue, Jan 27, 11:26:49 AM #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2facd680>
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.774   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: getStatus was: Unsuccessful.  Error code: nil now: Successful #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2facd680>
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.775   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: t.1.refreshStatus was:  now: Successful Refresh: Tue, Jan 27, 11:26:49 AM #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <

Without checking, I believe this is how I implemented it… :slight_smile:

1. The thermostat refresh is set for every 5 mintues.
  2. If during a refresh the previously acquired authentication cookie fails, it tries to re-log in again with your user name and password to establish a new authentication cookie. It tries this once. If successful, it will refresh the thermostats without issue. If not you will see a refresh error and an authentication error on your control tab.
  3. This process repeats every 5 minutes.

The control tab will tell you when the last time it had to “authenticate” (needed to re-login with your ID and password.), and when the last automatic device refresh occurred.

At the end of the day, if authentication fails, it should re-try again every 5 minutes…at least that how I designed it to work. Whether or not it does is of course another story.

Not a problem, I’ll continue to monitor it and if it happens again I’ll devise a test to see if polling is somehow interrupted…