Plugin for Connected By TCP LED Bulbs

Warning!

I just noticed via Twitter that some SmartThings users are having trouble with their TCP Lighting integration, apparently due to a firmware update: [url=https://twitter.com/smartthings/status/526863927922421762]https://twitter.com/smartthings/status/526863927922421762[/url]

I have not experienced this myself, but will keep an eye out for it. However, due to upcoming business travel, I won’t have time to address it right away. From what has been reported on one of the ST discussion threads, this may not be an easy fix if they have removed local network access to the gateway.

[quote=“pmnb, post:21, topic:179548”]Warning!

I just noticed via Twitter that some SmartThings users are having trouble with their TCP Lighting integration, apparently due to a firmware update: [url=https://twitter.com/smartthings/status/526863927922421762]https://twitter.com/smartthings/status/526863927922421762[/url]

I have not experienced this myself, but will keep an eye out for it. However, due to upcoming business travel, I won’t have time to address it right away. From what has been reported on one of the ST discussion threads, this may not be an easy fix if they have removed local network access to the gateway.[/quote]

According to a recent update on the ST discussion thread, TCPi have stopped pushing out the offending firmware update.

That was probably until yesterday. I’m running firmware 3.0.74 now and everything controls fine through the TCP app but Vera stopped working.

Error that I’m getting is:
TCPLighting : HTTP gateway query request to 192.168.250.240 failed - connection refused

Looks like TCP disabled local HTTP access so you can only use their app from now on breaking the Vera functionality and essentially making the lights useless. Way to alienate your customers TCP.

Hi pnmb,

I set up my vera hub and TCP hub easily and both work independently without any problem. they are both plugged into the same router. I installed the tcp v1.0 app which detected the tcp hub right away but I am getting an error message saying “no gateway IP address specified. autodiscovery failed”.

I was going to set a static IP address, but when I try to go to the advanced settings for the TCP hub, there are no fields present (all of my other devices have advanced setting values that I can change).

Have you ever come across this before?

???

I’m in the exact same situation with this TCP plugin while trying to get it to work with VeraEdge. The settings menu is also not showing up for me on a couple other plugins while everything works fine with my Nest plugin. Perhaps this is an issue with UI7 compatibility of some plugins? Is there any progress on this?

My apologies for not seeing this earlier - the forum auto-notification is a little flaky for me. :-\

What version of the Vera UI are you using? You should be able to enter an IP for any device…

Also, what is the firmware version of your TCP gateway?

[quote=“joe1966, post:24, topic:179548”]Hi pnmb,

I set up my vera hub and TCP hub easily and both work independently without any problem. they are both plugged into the same router. I installed the tcp v1.0 app which detected the tcp hub right away but I am getting an error message saying “no gateway IP address specified. autodiscovery failed”.

I was going to set a static IP address, but when I try to go to the advanced settings for the TCP hub, there are no fields present (all of my other devices have advanced setting values that I can change).

Have you ever come across this before?

???[/quote]

I’m having the same problem. TCP stopped working through Vera this morning (worked fine last night) and now I’m getting the error “TCPLighting : HTTP gateway query request to 192.168.0.3 failed - connection refused”. TCP works fine through the TCP app.

My TCP gateway firmware is 3.0.74. Did they really kill it?!

UPDATE: According to the Smartthings forum TCP Lighting Integration Issue - 10/27 - #61 by davempls - Devices & Integrations - SmartThings Community access is available with a login/password? Is it possible to update the Vera plugin? So frustrating? if I hadn’t opened the iPhone app the firmware upgrade wouldn’t have been triggered…

TCP app stopped working today with an autodiscovery error. It has been working fine for several months. Using UI7. Also when I go to advanced settings, I just get a blank page.

V3.0.74 is indeed the TCP gateway firmware version that killed local access. I still have 3.0.39 and it works fine.

You can confirm that this is the problem by trying to access the following URL from a browser on the same LAN:
[font=courier]http://>/gwr/gop.php?cmd=GWRBatch&data=%3Cgwrcmds%3E%3Cgwrcmd%3E%3Cgcmd%3ERoomGetCarousel%3C/gcmd%3E%3Cgdata%3E%3Cgip%3E%3Cversion%3E1%3C/version%3E%3Ctoken%3E1234567890%3C/token%3E%3Cfields%3Ename,image,imageurl,control,power,product,class,realtype,status%3C/fields%3E%3C/gip%3E%3C/gdata%3E%3C/gwrcmd%3E%3C/gwrcmds%3E&fmt=xml[/font]

It should come back with an XML document that describes the current state of your TCP controller and lights.

I have approached TCP support (connected@tcpi.com) several times trying to get access to their API docs to do this right. They told me that “We share our API with certain integration systems on a case by case basis. We do not have a public API as of now.” I asked them how one might apply for access to the API and did not get a reply. Perhaps if they received some direct inquiries from more Vera/MiOS users, they might be more responsive.

[quote=“chuckclaus, post:27, topic:179548”]I’m having the same problem. TCP stopped working through Vera this morning (worked fine last night) and now I’m getting the error “TCPLighting : HTTP gateway query request to 192.168.0.3 failed - connection refused”. TCP works fine through the TCP app.

My TCP gateway firmware is 3.0.74. Did they really kill it?!

UPDATE: According to the Smartthings forum TCP Lighting Integration Issue - 10/27 - #61 by davempls - Devices & Integrations - SmartThings Community access is available with a login/password? Is it possible to update the Vera plugin? So frustrating? if I hadn’t opened the iPhone app the firmware upgrade wouldn’t have been triggered…[/quote]

I’ve pinged TCPi support again to see if they’ll help with getting me access to the API. Stay tuned.

My firmware has not auto-updated yet (maybe because I never use the native TCP app due to the availability of this plugin) but is there a known way to prevent the TCP gateway from contacting the servers to ensure the firmware update never automatically occurs?

You could block outgoing access to the Internet for the gateway’s MAC on your router, but that would also likely kill the ability to use their app (or cause some other general grief).

I sent an email to that address you listed for their support requesting instructions to roll back to a more functional firmware. If not, I’ve also placed an order for a starter kit, where I plan to swap their virgin gateway in that hopefully has the old firmware and block it so it never updates.

Thanks. I’ll give that a shot and report back if any current functionality seems to be hindered by that. I bit of research led me to a post on the smartthings forum that stated it was port 49494. Do you know if that is accurate?

I have no desire to use their app…I only want to use yours! I’m a bit partial to it… :wink:

Found my answer. The plugin is not fully compatible with UI7 as you cannot get to the advanced settings page to configure the app. Something happened with the TCP Hub so you need to enter a username and password to connect to it when accessing it locally. Can’t get to the advanced settings to put in a username and password (don’t know whether the app allows it) because the advance page is blank in UI7.

See this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29548.msg209187.html#msg209187

I’ll take a look at this and see if I can provide a JSON file that will make UI7 happy.

Found my answer. The plugin is not fully compatible with UI7 as you cannot get to the advanced settings page to configure the app. Something happened with the TCP Hub so you need to enter a username and password to connect to it when accessing it locally. Can’t get to the advanced settings to put in a username and password (don’t know whether the app allows it) because the advance page is blank in UI7.

See this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29548.msg209187.html#msg209187[/quote]

Hi all…long time lurker and would have remained as such but had to chime-in on this one hoping my recent similar experience might contribute;

I have a Vera3 running U15 and have had no problems with the plugin since I set this up many months ago…until 1/23 when the Vera suddenly ceased communicating with the TCP gateway;

TCPLighting : HTTP gateway query request to 192.168.1.10 failed - connection refused

I’m also now unable to log in locally to the gateway using my browser as I had previously been able to do. This connection is also being refused by the gateway and it seems I can only connect to it via the official TCP app, or through their online “Consumer Portal”.

It wasn’t until I was able to spend some time troubleshooting this past weekend that I finally noticed my TCP gateway firmware had updated from its’ original 3.0.39 to 3.0.74. I’m guessing it probably happened sometime during the previous evening, and as I’ve read, this version firmware kills http connectivity.

I’m going to contact TCP tomorrow and see if I can’t get the previous firmware revision pushed to the gateway and will advise…

For anyone else that has not yet had their gateway auto update to the offending firmware, I blocked the IP address equivalent of tcp.greenwavereality.com on port 49494 and have seen no loss of functionality with the TCP plugin.

I had read somewhere else that port 49494 was the outgoing port for the gateway, but I haven’t independently confirmed that. Does someone with better networking knowledge than me know if that is correct?

This also happened to me. I am no longer able to access configuration options through the app, so I can’t change names, rooms or even add a bulb.

[quote=“strangedreams, post:37, topic:179548”]Hi all…long time lurker and would have remained as such but had to chime-in on this one hoping my recent similar experience might contribute;

I have a Vera3 running U15 and have had no problems with the plugin since I set this up many months ago…until 1/23 when the Vera suddenly ceased communicating with the TCP gateway;

TCPLighting : HTTP gateway query request to 192.168.1.10 failed - connection refused

I’m also now unable to log in locally to the gateway using my browser as I had previously been able to do. This connection is also being refused by the gateway and it seems I can only connect to it via the official TCP app, or through their online “Consumer Portal”.

It wasn’t until I was able to spend some time troubleshooting this past weekend that I finally noticed my TCP gateway firmware had updated from its’ original 3.0.39 to 3.0.74. I’m guessing it probably happened sometime during the previous evening, and as I’ve read, this version firmware kills http connectivity.

I’m going to contact TCP tomorrow and see if I can’t get the previous firmware revision pushed to the gateway and will advise…[/quote]

I emailed TCP Support to see if I could downgrade my firmware so the TCP plugin could connect again and this is the response I got.

“I am sorry but we cant downgrade a gateway firmware. 3.0.74 has a much hirer security prodocall that is required to have. We are sorry for the inconvenience this my have brought you.”

After this answer I moved to a Phillips Hue controller with GE link bulbs that connect well with my Vera 3. I would like to know what a “prodocall” is. Ha Ha. I would also like to know why a new “prodocall” is required.