Plugin: DelayLight

Made the modifications to the reset period on my Aotec Multisensor and now everything is working as expected. Thanks again for the quick replies and assistance. Looking forward to using your plugins…Reactor is next on the list.

2 Likes

Great! Be sure to watch the intro videos in the pinned post in that category. There have been some changes since, but the spirit is there.

1 Like

@rigpapa - I reviewed the document for DelayLight and was wondering if there was a way to override the timer I setup for a light switch.

so the example is I have the light switch ‘Turn off’ after 10 min, when the switch is manually turned on. I do not have a motion sensor for this and see that it could be done with a motion sensor.

Is there an option or a way to override the timer set for 10min. For example double tap the light or switch it ‘On’ and ‘Off’ rapidly and this will ignore and not start the timer. I remember in PLEG there was a way of doing this.

Hi

Please could someone confirm/share how they are using this plugin so that the ‘Active Period’ is only at night time? Thanks

Or, do I have to set something up programmatically update the ActivePeriods ? To show ‘sunset-sunrise’?

For example.

local function set (riseset)
    luup.variable_set ("urn:toggledbits-com:serviceId:DelayLightTimer", "ActivePeriods", riseset, 272)
end

set ((os.date ("%H%M", luup.sunrise())).. "-"..(os.date ("%H%M", luup.sunset())))

The code you propose should work.

A bit of history: when I wrote DelayLight, it quickly became evident that the varied ways in which people wanted to do triggering could come to own the plugin – everything under the sun was being imagined and requested, and implementing all that would dwarf the other code in size and complexity. It didn’t take much for me to reason that all that work would be better applied to a generic triggering plugin that could trigger not just DelayLight, but improve on the existing scene triggering and other things. And that’s when Reactor was born. So it has been the intent from the beginning that any triggering/control beyond DelayLight’s simple canned implementation would be a Reactor task.

Hi @rigpapa

I completely understand

If it helps. for me in my use-case and this may be a terminology thing, I see the ‘active period’ as being less about acting as a trigger, and more about being a dynamic time frame for when something should run. (I only want lights to turn on automatically after the sun has set)

This is my settings for a delaylight instance for arriving home at night. It works as expected …exceot if I turn on the patio lights (vswitch) the living main light comes on too. Is this the expected behaviour? How do I stop the living light from turning on when manually switching the patio light switch?

Yes, because you have two lights listed in “On Devices”, when any of them comes on, the remainder will be turned on as well.

To disable that behavior, set the state variable ManualOnScene to 0 in the DelayLightTimer (Advanced > Variables).

Excellent That worked perfectly. Thank you

1 Like

RigPapa, With over 230 Z wave devices on my Vera+, I’m continually battling hangups in the UI and over the air due to message congestion. I’m trying to relieve some load off the poor little Vera by moving as much as possible off the Vera into Node-Red, thereby relegating the Vera to just a Zwave radio. Have you perchance replicated the DelayLight functionality into Node-Red?

Major respect on making that move! May I also recommend you consider Multi-System Reactor as your “one engine to rule them all” option?

I moved every Reactor routine, Vera Scene and even some virtual switches onto MSR, running in a Docker container on my always-on Synology NAS (it can be installed on any suitable platform… see docs). Definitely lives up to its billing as a Node-Red alternative with a much smoother learning curve.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I had no idea such a tool existed and have not yet made much progress on NR. All of my present automation is via DelayLight, tons of Reactors, Virtual Switches and a few scenes, so this sounds like a simpler migration.

1 Like