Plugin: Bridge Vera with Ezlo: VeraBridge for Ezlo

Did support for Generic IO devices ever get added ? I’ve tried adding one but it doesn’t then appear in the Vera mobile app connected to the Ezlo Plus controller.

},{
			"behavior": "generic_io",
			"device_id": 681,
			"name": "Kitchen Seismometer",
			"room": "Kitchen",
			"room_id": "5f4e2f82120bab1069c13c42"

As an example, I have a Fibaro Motion sensor that has a Seismometer.

Thanks

@reneboer

Door contact sensors and Motion sensors on the Ezlo Plus hub via the Vera to Ezlo bridge, don’t have Armed / Disarmed controls in the new Ezlo web GUI for some reason I can’t figure out.

This is a “real” door contact sensor I have paired on my Ezlo Hub, as you can see in their new web GUI it has a disarmed / armed tile.

However all my emulated / virtual door contact sensors on the Ezlo Plus, none of them have any disarmed / armed controls.

Any thoughts why this might be ?

I have tried removing this “Front Door” contact sensor from the Ezlo plus hub, by editing the VeraBridge.json file and unregistering / registering the plugin etc in SSH.

And then adding back in again the “Front Door” contact sensor etc, however this makes no difference to how the device looks in the Ezlo web GUI, I am just going to start calling it UI8 I think :grinning:

Code for this device:

},{
			"behavior": "dw_sensor",
			"device_id": 300,
			"battery_powered": true,
			"name": "Front Door",
			"room": "Porch",
			"room_id": "5f4e2fd0120bab1069c13c48"

This device does look fine however in the Vera mobile app whilst its connected to the Ezlo Plus hub.

Hi @cw-kid,

I have not looked at this for a couple of months as the API is still lacking functions to make a real plugin. This is also why the armed function is not working as the Lua API does not have functions to control a device armed status (oddly enough the hub API does). I asked for it to be added, but has not yet been.

The generic_io device is not added. Will be once I get the time and reason to look at Ezlo plugins again.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

@Oleh @oleg.macovei

Please can you read Rene’s response above about the API and armed / disarmed functions and let us know if this will be added?

Thank you.

I really hope you do, as currently you are our only 3rd party Dev for the Ezlo platform I think.

Rene

Any ideas about this one?

This is a virtual switch device created directly on the Ezlo Plus hub, using the Ezlo supported method with their Online API Tool. As you can see its just a switch tile and nothing else.

However virtual switch devices I have created myself on the Vera Plus and used your bridge for.

Those virtual switch devices also have KWH tiles, which I’d rather not see in the UI1 web GUI.

Thanks

Hi @cw-kid,

By the looks of things it seems that the tile for current Wattage is incorrectly labeled with KWh in the web GUI. That is for sure a bug for Ezlo to fix. It also looks it creates a tile for every item a device has. You would need to look using the API tool what items a device has. If that does not match, the web GUI is the one in error.

Cheers Rene

Yes that’s a bug I noticed yesterday.

These are the “items” of the VPN virtual switch that I created on the Vera Plus:

api: "1.0"
error: null
id: "1619596837358"
method: "hub.items.list"
result:
items:
0:
_id: "5f748b6e120bab105e88c407"
deviceId: "5f748b6e120bab105e88c406"
hasGetter: true
hasSetter: true
name: "switch"
show: true
value: true
valueFormatted: "true"
valueType: "bool"
1:
_id: "5f748b6e120bab105e88c408"
hasSetter: false
name: "electric_meter_watt"
scale: "watt"
value: 0
valueFormatted: "0"
valueType: "power"
2:
_id: "5f748b6e120bab105e88c409"
hasSetter: false
name: "electric_meter_kwh"
scale: "kilo_watt_hour"
value: 0
valueFormatted: "0"
valueType: "amount_of_useful_energy"

So is it the bridge plugin that is creating these watts / kwh or the Ezlo hub ?

Hi cw,

For a switch device the VeraBridge creates a device with those three items yes. At this moment the bridge does not query the Vera for the states/variables a device really has. The items are created based on a physical device. Maybe something for a future release.

Cheers Rene

OK thanks I understand now what is happening and how its working.

So likely I won’t be able to get rid of these Watts / KWH tiles in the new UI1 web GUI, for virtual switches I have created on the Vera Plus.

Hi Rene,

thanks for a great plugin. Wonder if you can help with a query I’m trying to resolve?

I’m looking to pick up a virtual switch device from my VeraPlus and to pull the latest value into my EzloPlus. Do you support virtual switches from either VirtualSwitch or Switchboard? If so, could you advise on the necessary device details to include in the VeraBridge.json file?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I have not included any plugin devices and do not have time to work on this plugin any more. Ezlo is working on something they told me. No idea what/when/how though.

Cheers Rene

Switchboard specifically uses the Vera-native device types, services and variables for the virtual devices, with the intention that other integrations (specifically dashboards, Alexa, and Google Home) would not be able to tell the difference and handle them accordingly. I would think, unless @reneboer has had to do something unusual for eZLO firmware, that the bridge would just see the Switchboard virtual devices as they would any other switch or dimmer and handle them the same, without any special attention or coding.

Its working i have tried it.

Thanks, had a senior moment! Put in the wrong ip address for my VeraPlus! All working well now.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry realize this thread is old but are there instructions on how to get access to the hub to upload the files and run the commands from the instructions on GitHub? Not quite sure how to get this installed and running.

Logging into the Ezlo controller with the root username and password.

On my Windows 10 laptop I used WinSCP application (similar to file explorer) to connect to the Ezlo hub to upload the files to the correct directory.

And I used Putty application to connect to the Ezlo controllers terminal command line to run the command(s).

1 Like

Oh same as the Vera, got it thanks!

1 Like

Just double checking the steps here. If we want to update the device mapping we have to edit and re-upload the VeraBridge.json and then you have Uninstall the plug-in and re-register is? How do you do the step that says to use the Ezlo API Tool?

Yeah update your json file and upload it again to the controller.

Then unregister and register the plugin with the commands.

Thats what I do.

Not sure about the API Tool step what does that say to do?