PLTS Basics - An Introduction to the Program Logic Timer Switch

[quote=“rtt3821, post:19, topic:178652”]This is the status before the PLEG was updated. After the update NO Status.

Program Logic Event Generator
Device ID: 172014-02-04 11:58:00.831 PLC Version: 5.8
Triggers
Name Description State Last True Last False
t1_TIMERON Appliance Module #1 is turned on false 0 0
t2_TIMEROFF Appliance Module #1 is turned off false 0 0
t2_TIMERON _Appliance Module #2 is turned on false 0 0
t3_TIMEROFF _Appliance Module #2 is turned off false 0 0
Schedules
Name Type Time Days Random On Delay Off After Type Off Time Off Days Random Off Delay State Last On Last Off
s1 Weekly +00:15:00r 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None Weekly 20:00:00 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None true 2014-02-04 07:35:48.492 0
s2 Weekly 19:00:00 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None Weekly 21:00:00 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None false 2014-02-03 19:00:00.100 2014-02-03 21:00:00.451
Device Properties
Name Device Name Device Variable Value Last Change Previous Change
p2 _Appliance Module #2 ManufacturerInfo 5,2,3 2014-02-04 11:24:08.101 0
p1 Appliance Module #1 ManufacturerInfo 5,2,3 2014-02-04 11:24:08.104 0
Conditions
Name Expression State Last True Last False
c1 TimerOn Timer null 0 2014-02-04 11:02:17.786
c2 TimerOff null 0 2014-02-04 11:02:17.787
Actions
Actions for Condition: c1
Immediate
Device Action Arguments
Program Logic Event Generator SetArmed newArmedValue=1
Actions for Condition: c2
Immediate
Device Action Arguments
Program Logic Event Generator SetArmed newArmedValue=1[/quote]
The terms in your Condition expressions are not valid Triggers, Device Properties or Schedules Also your Actions only Arm the PLEG.

Maybe you should explain what it is you want to happen?

What I want to do is turn a light ON at sundown and OFF at approx 22:30. Also I want to turn a battery charger ON for 1 hour on The 5th of each month. Can anyone held me to a program that will work? The times noted in the status were only to see if the program works, no the times I want to eventually set. I have an appliance module for each set of conditions. HELP!
This is the status after the update.

Program Logic Event Generator
Device ID: 172014-02-04 16:33:51.748 PLC Version: 5.8
Triggers
Name Description State Last True Last False
t1_TIMERON Appliance Module #1 is turned on false 0 0
t2_TIMEROFF Appliance Module #1 is turned off false 0 0
t2_TIMERON _Appliance Module #2 is turned on false 0 0
t3_TIMEROFF _Appliance Module #2 is turned off false 0 0
Schedules
Name Type Time Days Random On Delay Off After Type Off Time Off Days Random Off Delay State Last On Last Off
s1 Weekly +00:15:00r 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None Weekly 20:00:00 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None true 2014-02-04 07:35:48.492 0
s2 Weekly 19:00:00 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None Weekly 21:00:00 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 None false 2014-02-03 19:00:00.100 2014-02-03 21:00:00.451
Device Properties
Name Device Name Device Variable Value Last Change Previous Change
p2 _Appliance Module #2 ManufacturerInfo 5,2,3 2014-02-04 11:24:08.101 0
p1 Appliance Module #1 ManufacturerInfo 5,2,3 2014-02-04 11:24:08.104 0
Conditions
Name Expression State Last True Last False
c1 TimerOn Timer null 0 2014-02-04 11:02:17.786
c2 TimerOff null 0 2014-02-04 11:02:17.787
Actions
Actions for Condition: c1
Immediate
Device Action Arguments
Actions for Condition: c2
Immediate
Device Action Arguments

I would start by deleting everything you have created and then create these:

Schedules
Evening Start Type: DayofWeek Days 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 At sunset Stop Type: DayofWeek Days 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 22:30
Day5 Start Type: DayofMonth Day 5 Time 12:00 Stop Type: Interval 1 Hour

Conditions
LightOn Evening
LightOff !Evening
ChargeOn Day5
ChargeOff !Day5

Actions
LightOn Appliance Module #1 On
LightOff Appliance Module #1 Off
ChargeOn Appliance Module #2 On
ChargeOff Appliance Module #2 Off

BTW: This thread is really about the PLTS rather than PLEG. Have you seen PLEG Basics?

Rex THANKS VERY MUCH!
I’ll do what you said and make a new program as you wrote. I’ll let you know the result. Again thanks! No I didn’t know PLEG Basics was available

OK the LightOn & the LightOff schedules are working. The ChargeOn and the ChargeOff are not. The programs should be similar so I’ll take a look and compare them.

You will have to wait until Friday’s schedule before it will get a value … or you can click the Do It Now button to cause the schedule to run immediately.

Very basic question here. So do I understand PLTS correctly in that it creates a new virtual device every time I set it up for a task or do all the tasks reside under one PLTS device? I’ve seen some screen shots where the name was very specific which suggested someone could have several of these. If it does create a new virtual device each time, how do I do this? I have set one up as a test and I lost my “no room” PLTS device when I did that.

Yes you need to create a new PLTS for each task. You do that like so:

Click on Vera’s APPS tab. Click on the text Program Logic Timer Switch. Click the Create another button. Click Vera’s Reload button, refresh your browser page and you should find a new PLTS.

Thank you RexBeckett. I clicked on that several times and completely overlooked the “Create New” button. I guess I was just focused on the tabs. Thanks again!

There is a new version of PLTS Basics. It has been updated to reflect the changes in PLTS 6.2. See the first post to download the pdf (now in a zip because it has outgrown the upload limit).

I used the example to create a motion activated light, that goes off if no motion detected after a certain interval. Unfortunately, the space (garage) is two levels, and if you were upstairs, the lower motion detector wouldn’t see you, and the lights would go off. So today I added another motion detector on the upper level, and can’t seem to get it to work. either detector will turn the lights on when there is motion… but I can’t seem to get them to reset. The are supposed to reset internally after 4 minutes, so I made sure my interval was longer than that (8 min).

I SWEAR I saw this exact example somewhere, but now I cant’ find it. Can you take a look at my status (attached) and tell me if i’m missing something?

thanks.

[quote=“tomgru, post:31, topic:178652”]I used the example to create a motion activated light, that goes off if no motion detected after a certain interval. Unfortunately, the space (garage) is two levels, and if you were upstairs, the lower motion detector wouldn’t see you, and the lights would go off. So today I added another motion detector on the upper level, and can’t seem to get it to work. either detector will turn the lights on when there is motion… but I can’t seem to get them to reset. The are supposed to reset internally after 4 minutes, so I made sure my interval was longer than that (8 min).

I SWEAR I saw this exact example somewhere, but now I cant’ find it. Can you take a look at my status (attached) and tell me if i’m missing something?

thanks.[/quote]

You really want the sensors to reset as quickly as possible. You should be able to see on the PLTS Status report how long they take. You may get better results if you set Repeats on for the Restart Condition.

Hi Richard,

Please find attached PLTS report.

What i would like is to have the light to stay on in event i need to use the area longer and the reoccur motion does not restart the timer in some way (crappy battery operated sensor), Please advise is there any better way to achieve the light stay ON on demand in PLTS?

I used PLEG before on this, but i found that the timing seems to extend the turn off timing every time motion is detected.

Thanks

You either need to finish your logic or trim it down to what you want to control, getting it working, and then expand it. Some observations:

1. Actions On and Off are not defined by the Conditions.
  2. Conditions Trigger and Restart seem to be the same so whatever Action you define for these could both execute at the same time. These could undo each other.
  3. Triggers NighModeOnly and WeeHours seem to be the same just said differently. Perhaps you need a Schedule to define WeeHours like after midnight and before 5 am (or whatever you think are the wee hours). Then you can set different Conditions for NightModeOnly and WeeHours to execute different Actions.

But I am only guessing at what you are trying to do since your status report does not match your stated goal.

I have not used PTLS but I think it can be done in PLEG. There are motion triggers lighting event examples in this document: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html

[quote=“Don Phillips”]You either need to finish your logic or trim it down to what you want to control, getting it working, and then expand it. Some observations:

1. Actions On and Off are not defined by the Conditions.
  2. Conditions Trigger and Restart seem to be the same so whatever Action you define for these could both execute at the same time. These could undo each other.
  3. Triggers NighModeOnly and WeeHours seem to be the same just said differently. Perhaps you need a Schedule to define WeeHours like after midnight and before 5 am (or whatever you think are the wee hours). Then you can set different Conditions for NightModeOnly and WeeHours to execute different Actions.

But I am only guessing at what you are trying to do since your status report does not match your stated goal.

I have not used PTLS but I think it can be done in PLEG. There are motion triggers lighting event examples in this document: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html[/quote]Hi Don.
Thanks for the feedback.
My present PLTS work well for me as 2 condition of night which is when my system is armed for night mode and the other physically is night time. reason being I have no control on timing and I don’t want the light to activate by motion when it is night time.

This PLTS act as a walk in light to kitchen when in dark only for a minute for a quick snack or so.

once this PLTS runs the crappy sensor don’t pick up motion well to restart the timer. that why I am asking if I can have suggestion on how I can make the light to start longer in event I might need to be in the kitchen for a longer period time.

Hope I explained my query well enough.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Does anybody have this PDF? I’ve been trying to find it without success