PLEG won't save anything in UI7 - New Vera Edge

I’m a long time PLEG user in UI5, just got a Vera Edge UI7 for another site. Installed, reloaded, did everything I could think of yet every time I add schedules, device properties, etc. they disappear soon after I save them. For a while, it seemed like it worked and then after I programmed 15 schedules and conditions everything disappeared! (I even opened a status report and everything was shown there)

Any ideas or advice here? Can’t seem to get anything to stick (browser is chrome)

M

Did you upload the UI7 Version of PLEG or use the UI5 one?

Downloaded in UI7 from the app store. also updated the device firmware.

Hopefully Richard will see this very soon.

I would also advise, to open a ticket with the Customer Care team, to see if there is something that is affecting this, Vera side. Like the lack of space on the internal storage, or unintended engine reloads, that might cause such a behavior.

Will do. Thanks

I think I figured this out but still a bit finicky. Basically relates to the way UI7 saves things vs UI5 which I am used to. Am I correct that in UI7 you have to restart engine after any changes in PLEG? If you hit close before that or make other changes before that you seem to lose everything?

M

It has been my experience to reload LUUP whenever I dink with PLEG. But I do not recall losing changes.

You should not loose things … but the changes will not happen until the next reload.
If you close the edit window … and then open the edit window again … it should refresh the data from Vera.

Make sure you have the latest PLC and PLEG version.

I was absolutely losing everything I had put in. Using the versions downloaded right within the app. Seems to be working ok now but i still occasionally find a change i made having reverted back to a previous version

You may have a Vera problem causing it to not save data properly.

[quote=“resq93, post:7, topic:197601”]I think I figured this out but still a bit finicky. Basically relates to the way UI7 saves things vs UI5 which I am used to. Am I correct that in UI7 you have to restart engine after any changes in PLEG? If you hit close before that or make other changes before that you seem to lose everything?

M[/quote]

Did you figure this out? I am starting a migration from Vera3/UI5 to a new VeraSecure/UI7 (1.7.3454) and I am having a hell of a time getting PLEG to save data. I put in some schedules, and my triggers disappear. Put the triggers back in, and the schedules disappear. Driving me crazy.

02 01/03/18 4:23:37.613 e[33;1mLPRFJobHandler::m_bQuit_set now 1 for 0xfb9c38 ThreadedClass::StopThread ptr 0xfb9c38 thread 0x758b8520e[0m <0x7146c520> 02 01/03/18 4:23:37.620 e[33;1mLPRFSerial_CSerial::LPRF_ReceiveLoop endinge[0m <0x754b8520> 01 01/03/18 4:23:37.693 e[31;1mUserData::WriteUserData saved--before move File Size: 36456 save size 36456e[0m <0x77969320> 02 01/03/18 4:23:37.694 e[33;1mUserData::TempLogFileSystemFailure start 0e[0m <0x77969320> 02 01/03/18 4:23:37.715 e[33;1mUserData::TempLogFileSystemFailure 4529 res:1

[quote=“wilme2”]0201/03/18 4:23:37.613[33;1mLPRFJobHandler::m_bQuit_set now 1 for 0xfb9c38 ThreadedClass::StopThread ptr 0xfb9c38 thread 0x758b8520[0m <0x7146c520> 0201/03/18 4:23:37.620[33;1mLPRFSerial_CSerial::LPRF_ReceiveLoop ending[0m <0x754b8520> 0101/03/18 4:23:37.693[31;1mUserData::WriteUserData saved--before move File Size: 36456 save size 36456[0m <0x77969320> 0201/03/18 4:23:37.694[33;1mUserData::TempLogFileSystemFailure start 0[0m <0x77969320> 0201/03/18 4:23:37.715[33;1mUserData::TempLogFileSystemFailure 4529 res:1[/quote]I think the unit just kept restarting while I was working. There is no way to really easily see that the unit is restarting and so it allows you to keep working and then it just lost everything. Eventually it worked, just have to slow down a bit.

In other news, I’m returning my veraplus today it has been an absolute disaster to try to move from a Vera 3 ui5 to the veraplus. I went from a fairly stable system to a basically unresponsive brick. I’ve spent way too much time trying to fix

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hello resq93,

It really saddens me to see you go, but I really hope that our Customer Care will be able to turn this around for you, in your existing ticket, you have with us.

Others have had similar problems … One source of reboots is a bad z-wave device flooding the network. Another was a non vera app send an http request to vera at a high rate.
Neither of these is a problem of the firmware. … but vera could do a much better job of flagging the reason for the restart instead of some meaningless undocumented error code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would love it if someone could help me restore my vera3 to where it was before. having trouble with that too

m

Did you do a controller shift or a unpair/pair each device on the plus.

If you did a controller shift:

1. Reset your Vera 3 to factory defaults
  2. Reset the Z-Wave network
  3. Restore a backup including the Z-Wave.
    If you went the unpair/pair route (which I would have recommended)
    3. Restore a previous Vera 3backup including the Z-Wave.
    4. Open each Z-Wave device … and record the device ID for each Z-Wave.
      They should show offline … since they will not be reachable.
    5. unpair/pair each Z-Wave device … and record the device ID for each Z-Wave device
    6. There is a thread on changing the device ID of a device … follow the instructions and for all of your new z-wave devices … rename them to the old device id. The old device might still be there … delete it just before renaming the newer device ID to the old device ID.
    7. All of your scenes and PLEG devices should now work … since the device IDs are the same as before.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:18, topic:197601”]Did you do a controller shift or a unpair/pair each device on the plus.

If you did a controller shift:

3. Restore a backup including the Z-Wave.
    If you went the unpair/pair route (which I would have recommended)
    3. Restore a previous Vera 3backup including the Z-Wave.
    4. Open each Z-Wave device … and record the device ID for each Z-Wave.
      They should show offline … since they will not be reachable.
    5. unpair/pair each Z-Wave device … and record the device ID for each Z-Wave device
    6. There is a thread on changing the device ID of a device … follow the instructions and for all of your new z-wave devices … rename them to the old device id. The old device might still be there … delete it just before renaming the newer device ID to the old device ID.
    7. All of your scenes and PLEG devices should now work … since the device IDs are the same as before.[/quote]

Thank you, I did the second option and that is basically what I am doing to restore. For future reference for others, using AltUI you can actually download a list of all your devices. Menu>More>Table Devices>Show All>Save Icon. This will save to clipboard. Paste into excel and you will have a nice comma separated list to work from.

Richard,
In the UI7 version of PLEG you can open the pleg and mismatched devices show up as undefined, allowing you to map them correctly if need be. In UI5, it just deletes the reference to the missing device and doesnt give you the option to change (or even know which one is being deleted) Is there any way to fix this or work around it?

Thanks

M

Forgot about that …
You might backup each PLEG device before you delete any Z-Wave device … then RESTORE after you rename the devices.