PLEG Slowing Vera major!

Hello

When I install pleg my Vera is getting very slow. The system monitor however shows enough memory (65Mb)
Anyon an idea what’s causing this?

Have you turned on PLEG debug and looked at the logs ?
The only thing I can guess is that you have it hooked up to an input (Trigger or Device) that is continuously be updated.

Richard, can you give an example of what type of trigger or device would be continuously update that one should be aware of/avoid? Mike

Something like an energy monitoring device with a load that constantly changes.
Vera is not well suited (Does not have enough memory and cpu resources) for continuous monitoring of event that change rapidly … it’s more suited to periodic events.
Otherwise an additional burst of activity will overload the device and LUA will restart.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:4, topic:189527”]Something like an energy monitoring device with a load that constantly changes.
Vera is not well suited (Does not have enough memory and cpu resources) for continuous monitoring of event that change rapidly … it’s more suited to periodic events.
Otherwise an additional burst of activity will overload the device and LUA will restart.[/quote]

I use PLEG to monitor my Roomba current battery % and status then forward that information to the Multistring plugin (so I can display it in Imperihome). Now the Roomba only runs for about an hour, but I assume the battery is draining and changing every min during that hour. Is this putting to much load on VERA?

I am talking about things that generate events at a 1 per/sec or more rate.

@TwannieM, were you able to identify the source(s) that causing the slowing of your Vera? Mike