PLEG & Ping

just a follow up, I’m getting the same error on all of the PLEGS, could the PLC be corrupt?

Rex shows an example using a Self Triggered schedule in the getting started guide.

Thanks Richard, but what do I do about not being able to get a Counter created?

Are you editing directly in the Conditions panel ? Or are you clicking the “Edit” in the Conditions Panel ?
In the latter case I found a bug when testing the Beta Version that is introducing a “FUNNY” space character that might be the cause of the problem.

Edit the condition expression in the “Condition” editor.

But you do not want a “Counter” … you want a Schedule!!!

If using your example below from the look of it your ReliableXXIsHome would be true if either of the two are true, so if for example ping sensor or Vera Alerts for example were used and either said you were home then it would say true.

Is that how it works, because would this not cause false hits if either of them reported you were home when you were in fact away?

I have noticed a couple of times that my MultiSwitch I have, which gets changed when I am home or away using Vera Alerts, sometimes reports I am home when I am away and vice versa.

So wouldn’t this cause the occasional false report of me being home and not be much more reliable than using just one or the other, or am I missing something here?

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:11, topic:192253”]ie. ReliableXXIsHome: XXInfo1IsHome or XXInfo2IsHome
You should not get false hits on both at the same time.[/quote]

You are home if either is indicating you are home.
You are NOT home if BOTH are indicating you are not home.

I have never known the PING indicator to indicate true when the device is not around.
I have never know the Geo-fence apps to indicate home when you are significantly away.
They can have false triggers when you are with 1/4 mile of your home … but once you are more that that away they should not have any false indications.