PLEG or PLTS

Can I use PLEG to turn on a light when motion is detected and to stay on while motion is detected and then turn off when there is no motion. I know I can do this with PLTS, but I have used all the PLTS on my current license is why I’m asking this…

One PLEG can implement multiple PLTS devices … you just do not have a user interface for each timer.

Well heck I guess I’m doing it wrong. Cause if have 3 separate ones and 1 Pleg. Can you point me in the direction how to accomplish this better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first example in PLEG Basics should get you started. You may be able to simplify it if you don’t need the lock-on feature.

Definitely need to simply it… All I need is the light to turn on when there is motion but turn off a minute later after there is no motion…

Definitely need to simply it..

Why? It’s only three Conditions and it replaces a whole PLTS…

OK. If you don’t need the lock-on and you don’t care about manual turn-off lock-out, you can reduce the Conditions to:

Conditions
AutoOn !LightOn and ItsNight and Motion and (!LightOn; Motion)
KeepOn (LightOn and Motion and (LightOn; Motion)) or AutoOn
AutoOff LightOn and !Timer and (LightOn; !Timer)

If you only want the light to stay on for a minutes, change the Schedule:

Schedules
Timer On: Self-ReTrigger Off: Interval 1:00

Thanks. Looking at the examples Can you explain why I need a trigger of LightOn When I’m using a Motion Sensor to turn on a Hue Bulb?

I think thats where I’m getting confused… or I’m totally confused anyway…

[quote=“dbmet, post:7, topic:186449”]Thanks. Looking at the examples Can you explain why I need a trigger of LightOn When I’m using a Motion Sensor to turn on a Hue Bulb?

I think thats where I’m getting confused… or I’m totally confused anyway…[/quote]

Do you want your light to come on in the middle of day? His example it comes on at night, when there is motion and not when the light is on.

He gave you everything from turning it on to turning it off. You need that in order to start the 1 min count down timer and to keep the timer reset if there is motion again.

The Hue light can come on at anytime as it’s located in a closet.

So you need to modify the “autoON” to this then.

Conditions
AutoOn !LightOn and Motion and (!LightOn; Motion)

I’ll also add that if you remove that condition then the next condition
Keep on will not work as your removing some its inputs.

Also hopefully your motion resets fast. Some motions trigger and stay triggered for 30 sec or more. This could lead to problems as it only resets when the motion is either started or stopped and if its stuck in one postion (on) for half of the timer time it’s not going to reset fast enough some times. If this is a wired alarm panel motion your probley good, but if this is a wireless z-wave one you might have to extend that 1 min. timer.

Also I’m assuming this is a big walkin closet (but only 1 small Hue light bulb makes me think otherwise)? Small closets and pantries I like to put a door sensor rather then a motion. Since there is not much motion on a reach in and the delay. I have it set when door opens turn on and if door is open and turn off when door is closed or after 5min if door got left open.

This doesn’t work if there is no door or you never use the door that is installed.