PLEG logic not saving

I’m in the process of moving some of my PLEG functions from my old VeraLite to a new VeraPlus. I have some of the code up and running on the new system. However, now I’m finding if I add say a new condition (copied from the old controller), I save it, reload LUA and it seems to be there. However, I come back 15 minutes later and that new condition is missing. The conditions that were there from before are still there, it just seems I can’t add anything new. I’ve tried conditions, device properties, logic actions, all with the same results. I’ve tried with the PLEG instance armed and bypassed, seems to make no difference. However, when I arm the PLEG instance, add my condition, save it and exit, when I come back the PLEG instance is bypassed.

I’ve exported the JSON backup files for the state where the condition I added is present (cDecentForecastTomorrow) as well as the export file a few minutes later when the condition is no longer there.

check about re-entering your license… I had that problem and once i re-entered my licence key it worked fine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may give that a try, although I do have a 2nd PLEG instance on this controller that’s running fine. I think I may have got it working as the controller might have been in some strange state. It’s on WiFi and was showing up as off-line from getvera.com, but I could access it locally. Rebooted it a few times and it finally shows up as on-line from the getvera site and I have so far been able to enter and save a condition and have it stay set for a while now. If that condition remains after a day, I think it may have been the off-line condition that was the cause.

[quote=“4Crawler, post:1, topic:198752”]I’m in the process of moving some of my PLEG functions from my old VeraLite to a new VeraPlus. I have some of the code up and running on the new system. However, now I’m finding if I add say a new condition (copied from the old controller), I save it, reload LUA and it seems to be there. However, I come back 15 minutes later and that new condition is missing. The conditions that were there from before are still there, it just seems I can’t add anything new. I’ve tried conditions, device properties, logic actions, all with the same results. I’ve tried with the PLEG instance armed and bypassed, seems to make no difference. However, when I arm the PLEG instance, add my condition, save it and exit, when I come back the PLEG instance is bypassed.

I’ve exported the JSON backup files for the state where the condition I added is present (cDecentForecastTomorrow) as well as the export file a few minutes later when the condition is no longer there.[/quote]

Hi Crawler,
I experience the same issue sometimes. In my case it’s a memory issue. When I can’t update my PLEG I also receive some error message like ‘cannot write user data’.
After clearing some memory (which I now do every month) I can use PLEG again.

Kr

[quote=“JJ10, post:4, topic:198752”]Hi Crawler,
I experience the same issue sometimes. In my case it’s a memory issue. When I can’t update my PLEG I also receive some error message like ‘cannot write user data’.
After clearing some memory (which I now do every month) I can use PLEG again.

Kr[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Any specific details on your monthly memory clearing process?

Also … make sure you do not leave logging turned ON for your PLEG devices … this can fill up your disk.

Thanks for that. I don’t think I ever turned that on, and both instances have Debug Off.

Hi. I had the same problem. Updating the app shows there is now an entirely new pleg device user interface and it is working now.