PLEG for Alarm Disarm by Kwikset PIN

@ Richard: So , it sounds like to created a trigger for each lock pin, or is it a property ?

Thanks!

You can create a trigger for a select set of pins as I showed, or you can create a single trigger for ALL pins … in this case use * for the pin code.

Richard,
I believe I have similar issue as @clippermiami did when using the Kwikset PINs as triggers, can you advise as to how to best set up for my instance? I’m trying to provide specific weather details when a specific PIN is entered. Looking at my Status report I never see a last true state timestamp but instead always with a Last False timestamp within the triggers. which never triggers the associated condition statements. Many thanxs in advance Mike

[quote=“clippermiami, post:20, topic:185422”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:19, topic:185422”]There is a problem with LockPins … The last one always stays true until a new one is entered.

How I solve this is I have a condition:

AnyLockPin LockPin1 OR LockPin2 OR … LockPinN
UnLockByPin AnyLockPin and AlarmStateArmed

For the Actions for AnyLockPin … I have a 1 minute delayed action that uses a PLEG action.
Create a 1 minute delayed action, and select it.
Goto the Advanced Tab and add:
Device: Your PLEG
Action: SetVariable
ServiceId: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1
VariableName: sl_UserCode
Value:
Device: 49

Value is BLANK, Device is the DeviceID of your Lock[/quote]

Yes, I should note that Richard noticed this problem in my initial configuration and proposed this as a solution which I subsequently used. It worked perfectly but as I said the delay to actually disarm was simply too long so I dropped it.[/quote]

Subsequent to this I went back and tried it again fiddling with some details. I now have this implemented and opening the door using the individual PINS assigned to each family member does in fact disarm the alarm. I have found that it will disarm the alarm well within the entry delay period in almost every case.

@clippermiami, thanxs for the comeback. I’m trying to have a personalized greeting based on PIN entered (trigger) with weather and other status as appropriate (action). I’m not grasping how your example can be adapted to suit me needs (I know some of us are not so bright at times… be kind) any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m assuming that your status report re PINs react in the same manner as my status report? In your example you conditions has a “UnLockByPin” I’m assuming that your arming your alarm system when both AnyLockPin and AlarmStateArmed conditions have been meet, which in my instants would be where I insert my LUA code? In my case instead of AnyLockPin (LockPin1 OR LockPin2 OR … LockPinN) I would have a single condition for each PIN combination and associated condition for UnLockbyPIN, if I follow the logic?

Mike

[quote=“MNB, post:25, topic:185422”]@clippermiami, thanxs for the comeback. I’m trying to have a personalized greeting based on PIN entered (trigger) with weather and other status as appropriate (action). I’m not grasping how your example can be adapted to suit me needs (I know some of us are not so bright at times… be kind) any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m assuming that your status report re PINs react in the same manner as my status report? In your example you conditions has a “UnLockByPin” I’m assuming that your arming your alarm system when both AnyLockPin and AlarmStateArmed conditions have been meet, which in my instants would be where I insert my LUA code? In my case instead of AnyLockPin (LockPin1 OR LockPin2 OR … LockPinN) I would have a single condition for each PIN combination and associated condition for UnLockbyPIN, if I follow the logic?

Mike[/quote]

Mike, if I follow what you want to do it sounds like you are on the right track. In my case, the locks and lock proceeding are on one VERA while the Alarm interface is one a second VERA. So when the PIN logic is tripped VERA 1 sends an HTTP command to VERA 2 to set the DISARMED control. At that point VERA 2 proceeds with the disarm exactly as if it had been entered from a tablet or phone via ImperiHome.

Ok, I made the changes (see attached file) but I’m still not seeing (via status report) any true condition timestamps when a proper PIN has been inputted which isn’t tripping the conditions/actions. I’m not sure what I’m missing? Mike

Mike, I notice that you blacked out the PINs in the trigger listings. Have you blacked out the actual PIN? The PIN YOU want to use is the RELATIVE number in the lock. For example in my lock my PIN is the FIRST PIN and is 555555, my wife’s is the THIRD PIN in the lock and is 4444444.

Thus mine is PIN 1, and my Trigger is called LockPIN1. My wife’s is PIN 3 and her Trigger is LockPIN3. The resulting Condition is then (LockPIN1 OR LockPIN3).

I hope that makes sense.

@Clippermiami, I believe you’ve hit the nail on the head… I will go back this evening and make the necessary changes and reconfirm… many thanks for your support. Mike

@Clippermiami, it now works with a your guidance :-* It helps to read the text… “What PIN code INDEX number?” rather than inputting the actual PINs. Mike

Glad it’s working for you. Pay it forward :slight_smile:

I’m noticing that from the time that a PIN is entered to the time my announcement is played it seems to take well over 40 - 50 seconds. I need to investigate why. Mike