PLEG: Condition stays true

Hello,

I have created first working scene using PLEG, but I am little bit confused, when condition HighWind is met, it sets its value true and runs action WindowsShutterUP. Perfect. But, the condition stays true forever. How can I reset it again to false to be able run action WindowsShutterUP again when condition HighWind is met again for example week after?

Thanks for help!

Try using the “Nothing” Virtual switch.
This switch has 3 positions, ON-OFF-Nothing.
You will need to create a scene that changes the state of ON-OFF to Nothing after a time period that you determine, then then sensor will again be able to work as you intend it to.

I use it with IR Split AC systems, solved a similar problem.

Search for Nothing Virtual Switch, there is a thread about it which explains it.

Mayby I understand it wrong - when condition is met for the first time - its status is set to true and action related to this condition is run.

When this condition is met next time it sets its status to true again even if it was already true and action related to this condition is run again, is this how PLEG works? Am I correct?

So it is not needed to set Conditions to false to be able run actions again when they re-become true?

[quote=“Kositch, post:3, topic:199482”]Mayby I understand it wrong - when condition is met for the first time - its status is set to true and action related to this condition is run.

When this condition is met next time it sets its status to true again even if it was already true and action related to this condition is run again, is this how PLEG works? Am I correct?

So it is not needed to set Conditions to false to be able run actions again when they re-become true?[/quote]

Not correct. For that behavior you have to have Repeats checked.

Thanks, do I have to have enabled Repeats for both Conditions and Actions?

Thanks, do I have to have enabled Repeats for both Conditions and Actions?[/quote]

I believe just one will do. I usually do it for the condition.