PLEG and PLTS Version 2.5

This release contains the Following:

[ul][li]A Report button on the the Control tab.
This generates a report showing all inputs, conditions, actions, and notifications for the PL device. This is useful to share your configuration with others … or just to be able to see everything in one place. [/li]
[li]Allow Conditions to be wrapped onto multiple lines in the display. Should help with those longer condition expressions.
NOTE the condition expression is still just a single logical line![/li]
[li]A Condition Editor … You can use this to optionally edit your conditions. It is also helpful in that it lists all of the expression options you can place in a condition expression. A quick mouse muti-click on the condition text will expand the text selection … more clicks will expand to a wider selection. This is useful for checking the scope of nested parenthesis expressions.
[/li][li]PLEG has the options to order the expression statements.[/li]
[li]Modify how data is accessed and saved in the PLTS conditions tab. You will now be required to do a save when you change intervals, and/or condition expressions.[/ul]

Ok, I suspect we all have asked this before, but how to we update to a newer version of PLEG/PLTS? How to we update the core, how to we update the PLEG or PLTS? Mine does not allow me to “auto update”…

How to we update the core, how to we update the PLEG or PLTS? Mine does not allow me to "auto update"...
See: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12759.msg98809.html#msg98809]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12759.msg98809.html#msg98809[/url]

Why do I need to read 13 pages, most of which are not relevant to updating?

Can I simply uninstall the previous version adn re-install the new one?

Well
I updated by going to appsportal and took down all 3 of them and reloaded afterwards. I did not delete the “old” ones first. “my appsa” sayes 2.5 now I hope it works.
Regards
CE

@zedrally

Why do I need to read 13 pages, most of which are not relevant to updating?

Just read the first 15 lines from where the link points to.

If you uninstall … you will loose all of your settings!

You’ve lost me, following your instructions the page I open contains a link to

To Update Program Logic Timer Switch
http://Vera_IP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=3018

If I click on this, I get:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find vera_ip:3480

And I come to an unexpected finish…

Replace Vera_IP with your Vera’s IP address!

Thank you, I’m guessing the OK message indicates the Upgrade was succesfull.

You can verify by going to:

Apps tab then the My Apps sub tab … and check the version numbers.
You need to update both the PLC and PLEG and PLTS (if you use it).

Since upgrading from version 2.1 - 2.5 all notifications have stopped working. Even notifications not associated to PLEG. I have rebooted, and restored from backup. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way I can download version 2.1 again and see if that fixes my problem?

When you restore from backup … you get the previous version.
It would be nice to see any error messages.

But this is strange … 2.5 had no changes to the code running in Vera.
That’s where notifications are processed.

All of the changes were JavaScript code that runs in the Web browser.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:12, topic:174670”]When you restore from backup … you get the previous version.

All of the changes were JavaScript code that runs in the Web browser.[/quote]

Ok, i will go back a few more days with my restore and test. I would not think that this would cause the problem. I don’t know of anything else that changed on my end. I upgrade Tuesday night to 2.5 and all notifications stopped. I will let you know what happens. I have never seen any error messages…

[quote=“sdittoc, post:13, topic:174670”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:12, topic:174670”]When you restore from backup … you get the previous version.

All of the changes were JavaScript code that runs in the Web browser.[/quote]

Ok, i will go back a few more days with my restore and test. I would not think that this would cause the problem. I don’t know of anything else that changed on my end. I upgrade Tuesday night to 2.5 and all notifications stopped. I will let you know what happens. I have never seen any error messages…[/quote]

Restored earlier backukp. Now running 2.1 of pleg. No notifications are working. Thanks for your help Richard. Calling support.

@RichardTSchaefer

Nice work! Thanks for adding the condition editor and re-ordering. and the Report feature is truly brilliant!

I just noticed that the new Report function displays actions for conditions that I have long deleted. It is telling the truth - they are still in the Actions map. Presumably, if you delete a condition without first deleting the associated actions, they get orphaned. I don’t think they are causing me any real problems - apart from making the Actions map about three times longer than it needs to be.

I suppose they may pop back up in the Actions tab if I add the old condition name back so I can then delete them. Otherwise, I’ll have to take them out of the map by hand.

I will fix this in a subsequent release. Should not hurt anything … but you might get surprised if you add the old condition back.

Surprised? Me? Being a card-carrying cynic, that doesn’t happen too often. ;D I stuck an old condition name back in and up popped the original action just as good as new. Like a Mayfly, it’s appearance was brief…

In 2.5, you’ve provided the ability to re-order conditions. Does the order matter, or is this just for our own convenience?

When I use the report button, only Triggers are listed. Isn’t it supposed to dump out a list of all the rest?

Both PLEG and PLC are showing 2.5.

Also, not sure if it’s in the report or not, but one great thing would be to know the timestamp associated with each condition. This would aid in debugging. The log produces so much output, it’s hard to slog through it all. Knowing the time when a condition became true would be a helpful pointer to go back to that part of the log to trace deeper.

Finally, if a condition has NOW in it, does that condition’s timestamp change with each passing minute that the condition is true? C1 := (creation_of_universe; NOW) and (complicated_logic). Does C1 get a timestamp only the most recent time that complicated_logic evaluates from false to true?

The report should show Inputs (Triggers, Schedules, Device Properties), Conditions, Actions, and Notifications.

I do not put last times in the report.
If you want to look at the details … Refresh your browser window … then goto the Advanced Tab for the PLEG or PLTS device.
The OBJECT_STATUS_MAP contains the details of the current state of variables and their last transition to TRUE.

A conditions timestamp always contains the time when it BECAME true.