PLEG actions not fired when condition is true

Hi Richard,

I hope I’ve done something silly, but maybe you could confirm…

I’m seeing a few examples these days in my setup, whereby a condition is true, and yet the actions assigned to that condition are not being processed.

For example, in the files attached, I have a condition “fire_pump2”, which has 4 actions attached to it. This condition is true, and yet the actions have not been performed. Any thoughts on why? I rebooted my vera box just before providing the screenshots, but the same was true prior to reboot, and the last time it was rebooted was some days ago.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

I am unable to open the files. They show to be empty zero-byte files…

I am unable to open the files. They show to be empty zero-byte files…[/quote]

Sorry, not sure why empty files were attached, I’ve reattached the files, and hopefully they’ll be accessible this time round.

Thanks
Tony

Sometimes you have to manually trigger the action until Vera settles down. It is strange how times heals these ills.

Hi Don,

I think my installation is going the opposite way - it has been all working fine, and now chooses when to trigger actions. Anyone know of a good way of getting a log file, to show what is happening when actions should be being fired?

Thanks
Tony

You can enable logging within the PLEG device:

Weird thing are known to happen with anything Vera, I nearly went mad trying to debug a trigger, once I made it into a complementary condition did it work.
I have no idea why this was as the trigger was showing that it was working but wasn’t being seen by the condition.
I’d try reinstalling the PLC, make a backup of the PLEG first see if it solves the problem if not then proceed to a PLEG install and upload the back up, I guess if that fails then start with a fresh PLEG (hopefully you won’t need to go this far).

I think we need a little more direction as to what is happening. If a trigger is already true when Vera/PLEG starts, then the action will not fire. This sometimes happens when Vera crashes while trying to execute the action - you get a situation where Vera sees a condition go true, tries to execute the action, crashes during execution, and upon restart does not execute the action again due to the fact the condition is already true at restart…