PLEG 8.x "condition" editor syntax highlighting

@RTS, there’s no doubt that PLEG is a great tool. I’m sure that many also appreciate the “syntax highlighting” in the condition editor. In fact, that colorful “highlighting” is helpful in finding typos in the conditions.

However, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE allow us to turn off the color highlighting.

It seems to move the cursor move around in order to change the colors of things, and that becomes EXTREMELY annoying when trying to use a mix of manual typing and cut/paste to enter a condition. Too many times I find that instead of typing at the END of the string, something has moved the cursor to the start of the string and I end up with the first half an identifier at the end of the entire string and the second half of the identifier at the end of the entire string.

Here is an example of the mess it causes me:

“ampleHere is an ex” (should be “Here is an example”)

For the following condition, I ended up having to type the entire thing in “notepad” and then copying the entire string into PLEG’s editor:

trGarageMotion and ( pGarageLux < 50 ) and ( !cEitherGarageDoorOpened or (cEitherGarageDoorOpened; Now > 2:00)) and ( !trGarageLightOn or sGarageMotionTimer)

I realize this is most likely a browser issue and that there probably isn’t a good way for you to actually resolve it… short of just giving us a way to disable it temporarily.

Thank you
Gary

[quote=“garyd9, post:1, topic:193835”]@RTS, there’s no doubt that PLEG is a great tool.

However, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE allow us to turn off the color highlighting.[/quote]

I’ll echo that, for me the different colours make for very difficult reading. A B&W option would be great.

I did two things …
I made a more tweaks to the editor … and made it so you can disable it.

Thanks Richard, but I don’t see where you can disable it?

Green Dot slider!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:3, topic:193835”]I did two things …
I made a more tweaks to the editor … and made it so you can disable it.[/quote]

looks great. thank you.

OK, that works, would it be stretching the friendship to ask for the text colour to default to black when reverting from Syntax Assistant? Having the correct Syntax available is brilliant, but the colour remains, which is very difficult to read.