Please help. Connecting Pella Insynctive blinds to Vera3

Hi guys, Fairly new user here. I’ve got a Vera3, with 2 cameras, motion sensor, light switches hooked up, and the garage door controls working. However my next connection isn’t working and I could use some help. I am what I would consider a basic user, I can read and follow links to connect things, but I don’t know any of the advance “scripts” and stuff.

Pella Has a new offering with remote control blinds, that are linked to their bridge and should be able to connect and control by a Z-wave system.

I have the Vera3, I have their bridge , which I can find and see in my devices, however I can’t do anything from there. I can’t “see” or connect to the blinds. I’m not sure if I have the bridge connected wrong, because it’s also connected to window and door sensors, and I can’t monitor those either.

Pella offers support through other systems like the Wink and nexia, and considering the cost of the Blinds, I could easily switch to one of those systems, however I’m not one to jump ship, so I would like to make this work.

http://insynctive.pella.com/smart-home-technology/home-automation-hub

Thank you,

X…

Finally got it to work, it was an issue with getting the pella bridge to communicate with the blinds. Once I had those two linked up, the Vera recognized the blinds. The only issue I have is that the controls are reversed, but I’ve seen other threads on that, so I’ll see what they did to fix that.

On one hand I am glad Pella didn’t offer these a few months ago. I have spent a fortune with Pella on windows, and while the windows are nice, their service has been a lot less than what it should have been. I am going to have to have them back out for the fourth time…

Instead I went with Qmotion shades. I like Qmotion, but I had to do some custom integration to make their Qconnect work with Vera in another thread. I can only send commands right now, I haven’t invested the time to get status and the API doesn’t document status. I would have loved the z-wave connectivity making it so I didn’t have to do the custom work and likely had a better outcome including status - although likely without my RS232 iRule control.

One thing I notice is how close the Pella and QMotion offerings are to each other. Like the sizings are IDENTICAL. Check out their charts showing length to bracket size. In here https://content.pella.com/cs/groups/public/documents/document/mdaw/mde5/~edisp/pel-019485.pdf on page 7 and here Residential Roller Shades | Legrand on page E-1.

I submit Pella might be contracting these out to QMotion - from a corporate strategy perspective makes perfect sense. Now if I could just use a Pella z-wave bridge…

Do you know what the remote frequency is for the Pella rollers? I confirmed via the FCC that Qmotion is 433.92 mhz, but I think that Qmotion is trying to move away from that - a new automated curtain rod I ordered from Qmotion is a different frequency and I won’t be able to use it with my Qconnect.

confirming Pella shades are Qmotion
They had a Z-Wave bridge at CES that was kind of working, reporting was wrong as expected as the Z-Wave bridge had no idea when somebody sent command using the transmitter.
QMotion has great products, glad to hear the drapery finally launched, but with a different frequency???
For info on Z-Wave native motors
www.z-wavemotors.com

[quote=“zwavemotors, post:4, topic:186141”]confirming Pella shades are Qmotion
They had a Z-Wave bridge at CES that was kind of working, reporting was wrong as expected as the Z-Wave bridge had no idea when somebody sent command using the transmitter.
QMotion has great products, glad to hear the drapery finally launched, but with a different frequency???
For info on Z-Wave native motors
www.z-wavemotors.com[/quote]

The bridge at CES was the Pella bridge mentioned above or a QMotion one? I assume Pella…

My QMotion drapery rod should arrive this month - I know compared to their other remotes the modulation is different (AM versus FM) and hence incompatible with their other remotes and my $$$ QConnect, but don’t know for sure about the frequency. If it is the same 433.92 Mhz frequency, maybe it can work with the RXFCom products…