Plans for PLEG support?

I’d really like to try openLUUP but most of my automation is in PLEG. Woul love to see openLUUP support PLEG.

any collaboration happening with Richard?

btw, I don’t think any other rules engine can do the complexity that PLEG does but please correct me if I’m wrong.

thx

Last I heard was this:

I’ve never used openLUUP so maybe I’m clueless… does openLUUP NOT read the Vera’s devices and keep status in-sync? I’d think this would be needed for AltUI?

Richard is correct, most PLEG (as would nearly ALL automation) is based on a status change (trigger) of a device, physical or virtual.

If openLUUP does not do this, could it not be added?

Yes, that’s exactly what it does for bridged Veras, but it also supports its own plugins and devices.

Richard is correct, most PLEG (as would nearly ALL automation) is based on a status change (trigger) of a device, physical or virtual.

Yes, indeed it is, and AltUI provides a more flexible form of triggering using device variable watches. It means you can trigger on any variable change, not just those provided by the specific device UPnP definition.

If openLUUP does not do this, could it not be added?

I don’t see the need for it, myself, but if someone wants to add it, the source is entirely open.

So… if openLUUP exposes the Vera’s device status, I don’t understand what Richard is saying is an issue?