Philio Tech products

FYI, I’ve been in contact with the folks at Philio Technology regarding USA availability of their products. The devices they are producing are cutting edge using the latest generation of Z-wave chips and protocol library.

http://www.philio-tech.com/product.htm
http://www.philio-tech.com/z400.htm

They are based in Taiwan and I get the feeling they’re are using Google translate (IMO, based on the back and forth emails we’ve been exchanging). From what I can tell they don’t currently have active distributors, but they are asking me how many I want of their products. So the possibility exits that maybe they will sell direct if the quantity is adequate.

My question is, is anybody up for a group buy if possible, or is there anyone on these forums that currently has a company that might be willing to be a USA distributor for them.

Just some thoughts, as their products look cutting edge and better than what anyone else is carrying currently.

-TC

I could potentially go in on a group buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would be interested. I think the only distributor i’ve seen in the US is Tigerdirect. The 4 in 1 door multisensor is interesting and would be really useful. I wonder how the other multisensor works, looks like something you simply put on a table. Maybe it’s similar to the Fibaro eye of saron.

If I read their site correctly, it’s actually meant to go into a chinese wall box. I could be 100% mistaken on that though. Originally I thought it was a table top sensor as well, but the wifi version mentions being connected to power with battery backup.

If I’m correct, I wonder if they’ll make a US variant for a single gang box (or even a dual gang box).

Edit: I based if off of this from the “siren” model (Which looks liek the same form factor): “Easy install to EU/China/Taiwan wall box”

[quote=“SirMeili, post:4, topic:180620”]If I read their site correctly, it’s actually meant to go into a chinese wall box. I could be 100% mistaken on that though. Originally I thought it was a table top sensor as well, but the wifi version mentions being connected to power with battery backup.

If I’m correct, I wonder if they’ll make a US variant for a single gang box (or even a dual gang box).

Edit: I based if off of this from the “siren” model (Which looks liek the same form factor): “Easy install to EU/China/Taiwan wall box”[/quote]

I saw that the table top looking sensor would be battery operated though since in the spec sheets, there’s a weight that shows without batteries. And on the product sheet, there’s 3 different Z-wave IP Gateways which I’m curious as to what they are because they look to be hard wired to wall boxes based on their description but has USB ports and even sirens built in with wifi connection. Stange…

OK, good news. My back and forth with these folks I guess kind of pushed them to move quicker, they sent me a link to their first Amazon offered product. Not cheap, but it does a lot in one package and works better (in theory) then previous gen Z-wave battery devices.

[quote=“TC1, post:6, topic:180620”]OK, good news. My back and forth with these folks I guess kind of pushed them to move quicker, they sent me a link to their first Amazon offered product. Not cheap, but it does a lot in one package and works better (in theory) then previous gen Z-wave battery devices.

Wow, kinda expensive though, I was hoping it would be closer to the range of other door sensors.

Anyone want to be a guinea pig? ;D

Don’t forget the 3-in-1 PSM01 is available from TigerDirect. So if you don’t need/want the PIR function…

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8686380&CatId=7190

Just exchanged a few more emails with the Philio Tech folks, they indicate that Tiger Direct will carry more of their products besides the PSM01. Good news, indeed.

-TC

I ordered a PSM02 on Amazon from Philio Home. This is the 4-in-1 (Motion, Door, Light, and Temperature)

I will report back how it works when I receive it … It already shipped.

Looking forward to it, Richard.

-TC

They just sent me a link to another new product: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JMM1GD2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=#productDetails

One important note about this energy monitoring plug:

" This plug-in switch can active sent out instant power wattage when variation over 5% or active sent out state change when manually push the ON/OFF button , this allows the controller to avoid polling the reading wattage value and state of the switch and can increase the efficiency of controller"

Like I’ve been saying, what I really like about these products is that they are not using the old and tired previous gen Z-wave chips that everyone else has been using.

-TC

Ok, this gets weirder by the minute…

So I basically press them on the fact that they need to go through a major distributor/reseller in order to get the prices down for the U.S. market. Here’s the resulting convo (remember that english is not that their native language)-

Me: I noticed that Tiger Direct carries your PSM01 product, are there any plans for them to carry some of your other models?

Philio: I have not direct to deal with tiger direct yet. Tiger direct is getting that from our customer, Vera. I do not know who I need deal with in TigerDirect.

So, apparently Vera has been the U.S. distributor for Philio products all this time! And sure enough, here they are:

http://shop.getvera.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PHL-MLT-PSP01
http://shop.getvera.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PHL-DWLT-PSM01

::slight_smile:

I noticed the Vera Inc on Amazon and Tiger Direct and thought something was strange, now this makes sense. But Canadian Z-wave for the 4 in 1?

All the frequencies for the 4-in-1 are listed here: http://www.philio-tech.com/pdf/PSM02-1-2-3.pdf

So, did these get tested yet? How well does the motion sensor work?

FYI, just exchanged a few more messages with Philio Tech folks, if you want to buy their other products, besides what Vera sells, they have now opened a store on Ebay.

Simply go to ebay and search for “Philio z-wave”

-TC

[quote=“TC1, post:17, topic:180620”]FYI, just exchanged a few more messages with Philio Tech folks, if you want to buy their other products, besides what Vera sells, they have now opened a store on Ebay.

Simply go to ebay and search for “Philio z-wave”

-TC[/quote]

They’re selling it as a bid or buy it now? hmm

I think you have to understand, they barely speak english, and have only one authorized distributor in the U.S. which is Vera. You can also get their products through TigerDirect (who gets it from Vera) as previously described. The person I’ve been dealing with has been scrambling to to provide different channels for their products to be available.

I’m willing to take a chance on one of their products because of the new generation of Z-wave chips they are using, which are more battery efficient and better range. For some reason all the other manufacturers are still using the same old the previous gen chips.

-TC

I’m really curious as to what the battery life and range for the product is like, since the battery operated zwave products don’t always work so well. If these are good, I can combine different sensors into one.