Open door notification - only during a certain periodon weekdays

Vera2 running UI5.

What I want to do is have Vera to send me an email alert when my door opens on weekdays between 8AM and 5PM. (when I am at work)

Getting Vera to send me the alert is easy. Setting the period is something I’ve not been able to accomplish. I tried the following 2 ways with no luck.

1. Lock settings - Notifications : This allows setting the notifications but there is no which days, start and end time option.
  2. Creating a scene : Allows me to set the notification, days to run and the start time. Ive not found a way to set an end time. I can set an 8 hur delay but have not found a way to inactivate the notification at that time.

I must be missing something as I can’t believe this functionality is not there. . Unfortunately I’ve not delved into LUUP yet. I have a programming background but have not been able to find a detailed manual on the language. Any help is greatly appreciated

It’ll be a scene, with the defining event being the Door being opened, this part can be done decoratively.

The next bit is to prevent the scene from running during the hours specified, and for this you’ll need Luup. Typically you’ll always need Luup whenever you have “[tt]WHEN AND[/tt] ” events

The code here can be adapted to handle the range validation you’ll need to implement:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Scenes_Events#Access_the_current_time

although you’ll also need to validate the [tt]t.wday[/tt] variable since you only want this to occur on weekdays…

Thanks for the advise and the link. That should give me what I need to get to grips with Luup and implement what I need. Looks like LUA is pretty similar to C and I used to be pretty fluent in that language in my Amiga days.

[quote=“guessed, post:2, topic:171677”]It’ll be a scene, with the defining event being the Door being opened, this part can be done decoratively.

The next bit is to prevent the scene from running during the hours specified, and for this you’ll need Luup. Typically you’ll always need Luup whenever you have “[tt]WHEN AND[/tt] ” events

The code here can be adapted to handle the range validation you’ll need to implement:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Scenes_Events#Access_the_current_time

although you’ll also need to validate the [tt]t.wday[/tt] variable since you only want this to occur on weekdays…[/quote]