Notifications during certain conditions.

I?m trying to figure out how to prevent a notification while I?m out of the house.

I?m using Vera Alerts, PLEG and Program Logic Core.

I?ve got a virtual switch that is on when I?m home and off when I?m out, there is another switch for my wife.

I?ve created a PLEG device (I?m not sure what the correct term is) with?
triggers:
tHome (my phone is home, my switch is on)
tNotHome (my phone isn?t home, the switch is off)

Under Conditions:
(condition name) cNotHome, (condition expression) tNotHome
(condition name) tHome, (condition expression) tHome

Under Actions:
cHome, arms another PLEG device ,more on this later
cNotHome, bypasses the PLEG device.

This device is set to Arm/Bypass another device that (I hope) sends the notification to my phone alerting me to my wife?s arrival.
After this, I created another PLEG device to send a notification to my phone that my wife?s phone has connected to our network.
Triggers:
tSheshome (her phone is home, her switch is on)

Under Conditions
(condition name) cSheshome, (condition expression) tSheshome

Actions:
I?ve got nothing under actions because I only want a notification

Under Notifications I have it set to send a notification when the event was satisfied.

Is this the right way to turn on and off this notifications based on conditions? As it is currently set the Arm/Bypass function does work but I?m not receiving any notification at all.

Thanks

Is this the right way to turn on and off this notifications based on conditions?

Well it’s kind-of expensive in terms of memory usage and PLEG licences. You should be able to do it all in one PLEG device (along with other stuff as well). Also you do not need to create Triggers for both states of an on/off Input. You can always get the opposite state by using not or !.

Try something like this:

Conditions
cShesHome tSheshome and tHome and (tHome; tShesHome)

This will become true when your wife gets home, you are home and she got home after you did.

Conditions are evaluated even when BYPASSED.

In BYPASS mode actions are not executed.
Instead of a notification … you can call Vera Alert in the ACTION of the condition. Then it will not fire when bypassed.
To Add Vera Alert to the Action of a condition … you need to used the Advanced Tab.
Add the Vera Alert Device, then the SendAlert Action. … Specify the recipient (either your username(s) or Vera Alerts Profile(s)) and a Message.

Sweet! It worked!

Richard,
I had no idea about the advanced actions menu. I’m going to look around there to see what else is available. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rex,
I had a feeling there was a more efficient way to do what i wanted to. After a little experimentation I was able to get it working using your suggestion.

Another question, is there a limit to how many inputs, conditions and actions I can have in a single PLEG device? PLEG licenses, is there a limit to how many devices I can create, memory usage not counting?

Thanks again.

Another question, is there a limit to how many inputs, conditions and actions I can have in a single PLEG device?

Not if you have purchased a license. During the evaluation period a PLEG device is limited to five Inputs and five Conditions. When licensed, there is no enforced limit but you might want to think about splitting to another PLEG once you get to around forty Conditions.

is there a limit to how many devices I can create, memory usage not counting?

Each license allows you to create four devices. These can be a mix of PLEG and PLTS. Many of us group similar functions into each PLEG device. E.g. I have one to handle all heating, one to manage security and one for lighting. I also keep one device for testing new ideas.

You may find answers to other questions in PLEG Basics.

There are a lot of actions on devices that are not available from the UI … you can use the Advanced Tab on any device to just look around.