No remote access (outside of home)

I know there have been issues this week, but i’ve had my device 3 weeks have NOT been able to access remotely. I added a user and can log in locally just not from the web. I am using the HTN app and Homebuddy. Neither work. If i connect vial MO i get to select my unit and nothing happens. What ports do i need open on my router?

I think the whole idea is you don’t need to open any ports on your router. The Vera will make a connection to the mios.com server and your external access is authenticated and tunneled through their servers.

The problem seems to be their servers are not reliable.

It was working great for me for a couple weeks now until today it seems to have stopped all access.

Is anyone else still having trouble connecting remotely?

I cannot get in for a couple days now with HomeBuddy or the cp.mios.com. It works locally and it sends out notifications. Everything seems good but access stopped for me.

On another note I opened up :3480 on my router and tried to get homebuddy to use my external IP as a local address but still didn’t work although the port seems to be open. Is this the right port to open up to get homebuddy to work?

Have been trying to connect to my Vera2 via MIOS using my Android phone (HTC Desire)

MIOS gives me it’s login screen. I respond with User ID & password. It then simple resends the login screen.

Can login to MIOS without problems from my PC.

Any one else having this problem?

Monday 7:20 Eastern… No problem getting in to vera2 via cp.mios.com web…

Did you try reseting your Vera? Try unplugging both the power cable and the Ethernet cable then plug them back in. This seems to always fix the problem when it happens.

www.custom-technologies.net

Does not work-Can login but Vera will not load.
Trying remotely at present, tonight will try to reboot Vera and see if it fixes the issue.
iVera not working either as one would expect if cp.mios.com isn’t connecting. I am using UI4.

There was a reported bug with the remote access causing issues. They have found the bug and put in a fix. This should be corrected very soon in the next release.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:8, topic:167222”]There was a reported bug with the remote access causing issues. They have found the bug and put in a fix. This should be corrected very soon in the next release.

• Garrett[/quote]

But is a next release ever going to happen? It’s been 5 months now.

Yes a release will happen. I am running the most current beta now. Not sure the exact time frame. But MCV is trying hard to get out a release very very soon.

• Garrett

No disrespect to you but I doubt that it will be soon or if they are working very hard on this.

This situation is just the latest indication of MCV’s lack of consideration to their existing customer base.

So maybe they will fix their system so we can actually use the product we bought from them. In the meantime it won’t work. Mine doesn’t. And they dont care!!!

Remote access (via cp.mios.com) works today for 1st time in two weeks. Maybe they fixed the problem!

[quote=“SteveO123, post:11, topic:167222”]No disrespect to you but I doubt that it will be soon or if they are working very hard on this.

This situation is just the latest indication of MCV’s lack of consideration to their existing customer base.

So maybe they will fix their system so we can actually use the product we bought from them. In the meantime it won’t work. Mine doesn’t. And they dont care!!![/quote]
I don’t blame your lack of confidence in MCV considering the lack of communication; but for whatever reason they have stepped up the game recently in trying to fix issues, and I’m pretty confident that once they’ve nailed down a fix for the remote access then you’ll see the new firmware.

If you have a look below at the wiki link below, then you’ll see what was going to be released as 1.1.1155 before the server issue was found found.

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes

I have to agree. I have been able to get remote access for 2 days in a row and that has not happened in over a month!

[quote=“strangely, post:13, topic:167222”][quote=“SteveO123, post:11, topic:167222”]No disrespect to you but I doubt that it will be soon or if they are working very hard on this.

So maybe they will fix their system so we can actually use the product we bought from them. In the meantime it won’t work. Mine doesn’t. And they dont care!!![/quote]
I don’t blame your lack of confidence in MCV considering the lack of communication; but for whatever reason they have stepped up the game recently in trying to fix issues, and I’m pretty confident that once they’ve nailed down a fix for the remote access then you’ll see the new firmware.

If you have a look below at the wiki link below, then you’ll see what was going to be released as 1.1.1155 before the server issue was found found.

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes[/quote]

A. I hope you are right regarding the timing of the new firmware release.

B. While the list of fixes is indeed impressive, my confidence is low until proven otherwise.

I don’t get why they wouldn’t release something sooner even if it doesn’t fix everything. If they wait until everything is fixed I’m afraid we will never see the fixes we need now. There were fixes to some things done months ago yet we still sit with broken firmware.

I didn’t see in the fixed issues notes about the Schlage locks not allowing scheduling. Did I miss that?

There were some real show stoppers up until a couple of weeks back that were affecting some of the testers, and they had to be fixed. Things like the Schlage lock scheduling were small potatoes compared to that.

I have Kwickset locks so I don’t know if the scheduling issue has been fixed or not, but somebody else who does can confirm… I’d be surprised if it wasn’t!?

As of the latest beta, the Schlage pin scheduling is not supported.

JOD.

Ouch! Glad a I have Kwicksets then :slight_smile: …not that I use the scheduling!